At Medium, words matter. We are building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
We’re looking for engineers who are mindful, empathetic, self-aware, and ambitious to join our team to help us move thinking forward. With a focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
As a Production Engineer at Medium, you will be responsible for the initial triaging of production issues. You will have full agency in determining which engineering teams need to be involved during an incident. You will see the incident response process through end-to-end driving the root cause analysis process. The production engineering team is in a unique position where they have a complete view of Medium’s complex infrastructure.
Who are you?
- You have 2+ years of supporting production systems.
- You are passionate about availability and performance.
- You can troubleshoot complex systems.
- You are flexible, resilient, and curious.
- You find debugging issues to be rewarding and fun.
- You draw inspiration from prior art, but you feel compelled to innovate beyond it.
- You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome when others challenge your thinking.
We’d particularly love it if:
- You have proficiency with Python and other scripting languages.
- You have experience with AWS or other cloud providers.
This role can be based in San Francisco, New York, or be remote within the U.S.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.