Ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into offices around the world, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey around the world.
Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Germany, the Netherlands, and Croatia.
FreshBooks is looking for a Mobile product manager to help reshape the world to meet the needs of small business owners and entrepreneurs who run their businesses on-the-go. You are equal parts product leader and mobile expert – enthusiastic attendant at each Apple event and keeping up to the latest Play Store analytics from Google. You’ll be a key driver of the Mobile product strategy that aims to drive growth in this ever-increasing market and deliver innovative customer experiences through native mobile technology.
FreshBooks is based in Toronto Canada but we have employees all over the world. This role is remote, and we have a preference for candidates based in the LATAM. Candidate must have proficiency in English and resume needs to be English.
If you’re passionate about taking on big challenges head on, delivering value for our customers, and ready to back it up with results for our business — this job is for you.
Specifically in this position you will:
- Help lead our mobile mission and drive growth in this ever increasing global market.
- Spend time with customers, business leaders and our marketing experts to develop deep empathy for customers, and to translate insights into products and features that drive growth.
- Stay on top of the latest developments on all things mobile and distill those learnings into long-term investments.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in Marketing, Business Development, Customer Support and beyond (think C-suite) to ensure your team delivers for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Be the leader of our mobile products, and voice of the Customer within your team, so everyone knows what they’re building and
- Ensure the team’s always working on the most important things, knows what’s next, and knows when they’re done — this means planning sprints, and writing user stories.
- Understand the unit economics of our business, know which one you’re trying to impact, and how to know if you’re successful.
- Own your results and report out to stakeholders and executives on the adoption, engagement and other relevant metrics.
- Make thousands of unsexy decisions, and shoulder the dirty work — from copywriting to reviewing legal contracts — that helps your team charge forward without stall.
- Be the team’s primary communicator and presenter, ensuring the rest of the org, executives, and other stakeholders are made aware of all major decisions and their implications.
We think you’ll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- Ideal candidates will have 3+ years experience in a SAAS product environment, and at least 1+ of that spent managing mobile apps. If you bring alternative experience to this opportunity, let us know: We’re all ears!
- Proven product management, project management, or program management experience, and a track record leading complex software projects through to completion
- Experience working with native Mobile technologies on iOS and/or Android
- Deep understanding of Mobile design principles and patterns (human interface guidelines & material design)
- You have excellent written and verbal English language communication skills. Other language skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated empathy for the needs of our customers, who are entrepreneurs and small business owners, will earn you an edge over other candidates
- You understand what comprises a world-class user experience and how to bring together technology and design thinking to accomplish it
- Big bonus points for
- Experience with small businesses, accounting, billing, or payments domains
- Experience with React Native and responsive websites
- Experience as a small business owner and/or managing products designed for them
What we can promise you:
- An executive leadership team that has scaled businesses worldwide, brings experience from places like Google, Amazon, Shopify, and Square, and includes founders that have been there since Day 1
- A company that is dedicated to growth – helping our customers’ businesses grow, helping employees grow, and providing a strong return to our shareholders
- A product development organization that is dedicated to excellence in how we make decisions, build, and ship world class product to our customers
- The opportunity to deliver product features that instantly get used by millions of users around the world.
- FreshBooks is a user-centered company that drives a customer focus starting with new employee onboarding. Your first month will be spent as a member of our customer support team, training alongside them and talking to customers every day.
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Product Development team where data and research matter more than opinions.
Why Join Us
We’re a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and you’ll have the opportunity to help build an elite one.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.