AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 40 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
About the Team
Hiking is an inherently social activity and the community team helps our millions of users build connections with each other. We have a deep commitment to helping users create a safe and healthy outdoor community and believe there is an opportunity to connect those users and build a thriving community. Community curated discovery emulates word of mouth, and we are creating a space that allows members to find and share lesser-known trails. We believe that people and communities are happier and healthier when they spend time outside and our goal is to inspire people to experience the physical, mental, and emotional health benefits that are only found in nature. Ideal candidates for this role will have experience solving complex problems for groups of users of a consumer product at scale. You are data-driven, have the ability to shape our community roadmap, and can effectively work with colleagues across the company to drive results. This role is highly cross-functional and will work closely with the Design, Engineering, Data, Research, Finance, and Marketing teams.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing an understanding of user needs, aspirations, and pain points
- Identifying the biggest opportunities, driving new feature development from start to finish and helping deliver the community product roadmap
- Managing prioritization and trade-offs, getting alignment with stakeholders when needed
- Inspiring and motivating a team of designers and engineers to achieve ambitious outcomes
- Testing and learning to deliver results – run experiments, analyze results, distill learnings, and scale what works
- Setting objectives, key results and being accountable for our progress toward them
- Serving as the leader of a dedicated, smart, cross-functional pod
- Analyzing product performance, synthesizing customer feedback and advocating for improvements
- Communicating your plan, learnings and results out to the organization
- 3-5+ years of product management experience with 2-3+ years focused on solving complex problems for groups of users of consumer-facing products at scale
- Demonstrated ability to inspire & rally a team around a clear vision, strategy & roadmap.
- You can alternate between 10,000 foot and 10-foot views easily, and at the right time. Product vision? Feature QA? All in a day’s work!
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, prioritize, and handle multiple work streams simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- A self-starter mindset that can dive into the details, find creative solutions and lead your projects.
- Scrappy, resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with engineering and design to build digital consumer products
- A passion for data, ability to prioritize using a combination of data and product intuition and a track record of launching experiments that resulted in actionable learnings
- A bias toward action with a history of proactively executing and shipping product
- Strong communication skills with the ability to gather input & communicate with key stakeholders
- Humility, empathy, and open-mindedness, with a desire to learn
- Past experience with social feeds, dating apps or community
- Experience building products that distribute content from users at scale
- Work experience at a tech company during a period of rapid growth
- History of translating product ideas into expected business impact
Our Commitment to You:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity.
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits + a monthly stipend for wellness expenses.
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month off to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Remote employee equipment stipend to create a great remote work environment.
- Annual continuing education stipend.
- Discounts on subscription and merchandise for you and your friends & family.
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional.
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.