We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they’re creating quality products.
We wrote the Aptible Owner’s Manual to help members of the company get a clear sense of what this team is — what we mean by “us.” We’ve now made this open to the world and invite you to read it, as a prospective member of the Aptible Team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
About this Role
We’re looking for a Product Manager to help us build Aptible Comply into the trust network that powers every business relationship on the internet. You’ll work with Designers and Engineers on our Integrations squad, providing lasting value to our customers by connecting our GRC product to the SaaS systems they use to operate their businesses, manage their people and devices, and host their data and applications.
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team. You’ll be designing and developing tools that help our customers improve their security posture.
Do you trust software companies to protect your sensitive data? Do you want to be able to?
Our vision for Aptible Comply is to become the trust network for all companies that operate parts of their business in the cloud. Security teams will use Comply to build robust and scalable security programs, and sales teams will use Comply to communicate proof of security in order to build trust with customers and prospects.
The very foundation of this vision is Comply’s ability to integrate, automate, act: integrate with all your SaaS services to build a single picture of your compliance program and assets; automate evidence collection and detection of costly security mistakes; and quickly act on any failed checks or assets requiring manual review.
As the Product Manager on our Integrations team, you’ll be directly responsible for solving some of the most challenging problems related to this three-step process. You’ll research how mid-market SaaS companies currently run their security programs (manually), and devise product solutions that integrate with existing SaaS tools to automate those manual processes. As you build more and more powerful integrations, we’ll distance ourselves from the competition, and our product will increasingly become something our customers can’t live without.
If you and Aptible are successful, we’ll change the way all SaaS businesses approach security. Previously manual workflows to protect people, data and assets will become automated. Instead of relying on weak promises from vendors, companies and consumers will expect verifiable proof of security. And you’ll be an industry expert in SaaS security, well positioned for whatever challenges you choose to tackle after Aptible.
Outcomes You’ll Be Responsible For
- Customer personas: You’ll research, document and communicate a clear definition of who our target customers are. As part of the documentation process, you’ll develop personas that cover: who they are, what their role and job title is, what company/industry they work for, what they’re trying to accomplish, what problems they’re trying to solve, what they’re attracted to/repulsed by, how much they’re willing to pay, and who they work with/report to.
- Differentiation: You’ll understand the market in order to differentiate our product from the competition. You’ll make sure this understanding is accessible to the entire team at the appropriate level.
- Roadmap:You’ll develop and communicate a clear product roadmap that has the right set of tradeoffs.
- Go-to-market: You’ll develop a clear and effective GTM strategy. You’ll develop pricing and packaging that supports our strategic goals, including market share and financial viability. The evidence of an effective strategy will be that we are successfully getting in front of our target customers.
- Successful launches: You’ll work closely with Engineering Managers to build and launch product features on time. You’ll define success metrics for each launch and ensure we’re hitting them.
- For all Product Managers, we’re looking for what Elad Gil describes as “Characteristics of great product managers“:product taste, prioritization, execution, strategic sensibilities, communication skills, and a metrics/data-driven approach
- For this role, we expect candidates to be experienced with, or excited to learn and master: SaaS API integrations, information security, GRC software, and platform building.
- Work from Anywhere:Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy:We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software:We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel:We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps, and take approximately 3 Weeks to complete. We try to move as quickly as possible, but if you have any time constraints, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
1) An Introduction to Aptible with the Hiring Manager (30 Minutes via Zoom)
2) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
3) A Take-Home Work Sample Exercise (NB: You will be compensated for completing this.)
4) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
We believe that the Work Sample Exercise is an important part of the process, in that it gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a concrete way. We take the time to design these exercises such that they: a) give you a view into the actual work you’d do at Aptible, and b) are standardized, so every candidate is evaluated using the same criteria.
Lastly, Aptible conducts calls with 3-4 References, ideally managers who have directly supervised you in the past and/or colleagues who can speak to your work.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form, and we will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.