The Democratic National Committee’s Tech team is hiring a product manager to help us build tools to help candidates win elections and to empower progressives across the country. The Tech team works closely with campaigns up and down the ballot to provide them the tools and data they need to win. We need an experienced product manager to help us identify the biggest product opportunities and to work with our designers and engineers to build solutions that address those opportunities.
Who we are:
The Tech team is a small, diverse team that provides the technology used by candidates and organizers in all 50 states and all 3,413 counties across the United States to analyze data, organize campaigns, raise money, and get out the vote on election day. But there’s more to do. So we’re hiring product managers, engineers, researchers, designers, security experts, IT professionals, and data scientists who can use user-centered design and rapid iteration to develop a rich technology ecosystem for progressives—building tools ourselves as well as partnering with other companies and organizations.
Do you want to …
- Secure the future of our country?Right now a lot is at stake in our country and our team has a huge opportunity to make a real difference.
- Work with amazing people?We’re building a diverse, distributed team, hiring the best people we can wherever they are—alumni from past Presidential campaigns working out of DC and New York, experienced product developers from the SF Bay Area, and more.
- Never stop learning?There are people who know about politics and people who know about technology and a few who have figured out some things about how to combine the two, but we are blazing a lot of new trails and you should be comfortable exploring and learning from everyone you can.
You will …
- Identify our biggest product opportunities—whether in data analytics, grassroots organizing, voter empowerment, fundraising, or getting the message out—and work with the team to plan, design, implement, and deploy new systems to meet them.
- Collaboratewith other departments of the DNC and with Democrats around the country to get a real understanding of what problems we can help solve.
- Drive decisions with data.Help us create feedback loops in our products and pick the right metrics to measure whether we’re actually solving real problems for our users.
- Communicate clearlyand approach problems with curiosity and humility.
We are hiring at all levels for this role and you can work either out of one of our existing offices—currently Washington, DC and NYC with a concentration of folks building in the San Francisco Bay Area—or remotely from wherever you are. We’re definitely looking for someone with product management experience but don’t require previous experience in politics. If you are coming from industry, however, be aware that some things are different in the world of politics: while we’ve done some budget hacking so we can be competitive when it comes to salaries we know we can’t beat Google or Facebook. On the other hand, you might legit help save the world.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.