Firefox Test Pilot’s mission is to research, build, and test experimental features and services that shape the future of the Firefox product ecosystem. Since forming two years ago, our team has produced several widely-used features in Firefox (Screenshots, Containers, Activity Stream), and we’ve recently expanded to mobile services (Firefox Send, Firefox Lockbox). Over the next few years, we will define, develop and mature a high-value product ecosystem that extends Mozilla’s mission beyond browsers and into new product lines.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to identify emerging product opportunities, drive the testing, development and deployment of prototype experiences, and articulate a vision for scaling these new products to extend our ecosystem.
- Define the vision, strategy, and business cases for early-stage products and services.
- Facilitate and support lightweight product validation and research.
- Articulate requirements for MVP testing.
- Manage and prioritize a backlog of experimental concepts with input from Firefox leadership and community.
- Drive new products from prototype-stage to large-scale launches.
- Work with Test Pilot and UR and Design teams identify research to identify and prioritize targets for new product experimentation.
- Work with Firefox Product and Engineering leadership to identify high-value integration points for new products.
- Define product goals and build the dashboards to track them.
- Strong technical literacy: preferably comfort with Android and modern web-development practices (React/Redux/ES6/CI/GitHub &c.)
- Working knowledge of user research methodologies and best practices.
- Experience with lightweight concept validation and qualitative user research methodologies.
- Experience with quantitative research tools such as MVT and A/B Testing.
- Experience with surveying tools.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.