Design at Yelp is in the midst of an exciting transformation, and we’re on the lookout for product designers ready to take the next step in their career. You’ll have full ownership of the product design you’re working on, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with product managers, engineers, writers, researchers, and other designers to make quick decisions in a highly collaborative environment.
Yelp is the best source of knowledge about local businesses. At Yelp, you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on a product that hundreds of millions of consumers trust to discover and engage with businesses in their community. The culture at Yelp is a unique environment that combines the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company.
We’re looking for a product designer to help us design engaging advertising products for Yelp’s mid-market and enterprise customers. If you’re looking to impact critical revenue-generating products at a fast-growing consumer company, this role is for you. The online advertising market is in the hundreds of billions, and Yelp’s share is $1B a year and growing fast. Although many of Yelp’s paying advertisers are small local businesses, thousands of regional and national businesses are highly engaged on Yelp and our enterprise business is growing quickly.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Own and ideate mobile & web ads product flows from end to end (both consumer facing and customer managed)
- Critically analyze and iterate the success of the products you design
- Lead projects that create high-quality, customer-validated designs
- Translate quantitative and qualitative insights into product experiences that drive results
- Champion our users and act as a facilitator of design thinking within the organization
- Influence and shape the product by collaborating closely with cross-functional partners
- Prioritize your work and identify new opportunities that best position Yelp to execute its goals
- Pioneer changes that enable growth within Yelp’s Product Design org
- Build a sense of community, aim for group success over your own, and advocate for Yelp’s values
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Several years of experience using design practices and skills that result in high-quality work
- Thoughtfully design complex products for scale and work with an evolving design system
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate decisions and manage both giving and receiving feedback
- Estimate, track, and deliver projects of increasing complexity
- Experience designing for consumer-facing or business-facing products across multiple platforms
What You’ll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- €58 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Quarterly offsites
Send us some examples of your recent work and tell us why you want to join Yelp!