We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience. And we make banking beautiful.
The product data analyst role would work closely with both product management and data science to provide support for analytics needs across product teams.
We use our rich data to surface new knowledge that enables our product teams to make data-driven decisions and also uncover new insight about our product and our customers. We value communication skills and the ability to think critically about the needs of product teams over experience with any specific technology, so don’t sweat it if you’re not familiar with all of our tools. You’ll use SQL to gather, define, and analyze data and ChartIO to create dashboards to display the results.
Your toolbelt likely contains the following skills:
– SQL query writing and improvement
– dashboard creation
– ability to synthesize rapid product decisions to gain insight into drivers of key business metrics
– answer questions for product managers using existing data
– slice and dice our data in various ways to derive new insights
– clean and organize data so that it’s readily available to others in the company
– compile data to report on key success metrics
You value open, active collaboration and enjoy sharing your work with others. You’ve got a consistent track record of using data to inform business decision. You’re highly dedicated to informing others, and also feel comfortable asking for the help you need in turn. You’re excited to pick up new skills, techniques, and technologies, and love to share what you’ve learned. You have excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills. You’re energized by working closely with people across an organization, from your direct teammates to members of other organizations we support within the company.
We’d Like to See:
– BA or BS degree, or equivalent
– 2+ years data analysis experience
– Experience managing cross-functional projects
– Experience writing clean and efficient SQL queries
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention processes, as well as our office culture. We want a great coworker — passion, humor, and desire to learn matter more to us than raw technical chops. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work:
- Based in Portland, Oregon– a beautiful place to live and work (or just see in the background if you work remotely).
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We actively consider how we can improve employees’ quality of life–both inside and outside the office.
- Committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We actually like and respect each other.
- We give a damn about what we do, both as individual contributors and as a company on a mission to change banking. We’re passionate and nerdy about our work; in fact we’re kind of that way about things outside of work, too.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at email@example.com if you need an accommodation in the application process.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.