At PingCAP we are building a NewSQL database called TiDB that’s horizontally scalable, strongly consistent, and highly available. Our mission is to build a database of the future. Made by developers, for developers.
As PingCAP’s Cloud Product Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build and shape a powerful, industry-changing database product from the get-go. The Cloud Product Engineer will be someone that possesses unique engineering talent and is excited about the opportunity to join the PingCAP team, build our DB-as-a-service solution, and help transform the future of the database industry.
- Build, orchestrate, and maintain an enterprise-grade DB-as-a-service offering of TiDB (https://github.com/pingcap/tidb)
- Help deliver the TiDB-as-a-service offering in our customer’s cloud environment, leveraging container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Deliver application level root-cause analysis
- Coordinate enhancement and feature requests with product and engineering teams.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix administration
- Production level experience with containers and cloud-native/microservices architecture
- Experience with container orchestration technology, e.g. Kubernetes, a major plus
- Experience in using and automating operations using Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack
- Experience with web server, distributed system, load balancing, and system monitoring
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a fast-growing enterprise startup
- Awesome, supportive coworkers with a good sense of humor
- Working with a globally distributed team of passionate (and compassionate) developers, hackers, and open-source fanatics
- Remote friendly
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off
- In-office catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Commuter benefits
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program