We’re looking for a People Operations Associate to help find, support, and develop members of the Aptible Team.
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of Aptible, while learning the skills necessary for a successful career in Business Operations and People Operations. Reporting directly to our VP of People Operations, you will be responsible for creating, implementing, and optimizing the foundational programs to build an effective, high-performing team and a culture where everyone feels empowered to do their best work.
It’s true: Software is eating the world, powered by the Internet. A growing wave of developers all over the world are using web-scale technology to build and deploy healthcare, fintech, banking, payments, IoT, blockchain, machine learning, and other B2B applications.
Security and compliance are mandatory from day one for these teams of developers, but many of them struggle. When their teams are small, they can’t afford to hire full-time for security or compliance. When they scale, they find that existing security and compliance management tools suck.
At Aptible, we make people-centered security products that help developer teams build security into their architecture and their organization’s culture. Today, we have two products: Enclave and Gridiron.
Enclave is a container orchestration platform built for developers that automates security best practices and controls needed for deploying and scaling Dockerized apps in regulated industries. Gridiron is like the missing QuickBooks + TurboTax for security management. It helps developers design and run security management programs that meet and exceed requirements like HIPAA, SOC 2, and ISO 27001. Customers use it to build trust with their own customers and partners, and prepare for certifications.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll help create the end-to-end People Strategy at Aptible, assisting with the planning and roll-out of People Operations programs and initiatives, including (but not limited to): Organizational Design, Diversity and Inclusion, Recruiting, Compensation and Benefits, Onboarding, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Employee Relations, Learning and Development, and Career Planning.
- You’ll collaborate with Team Leads to influence organizational change at Aptible, designing and implementing cross-functional, people-related solutions that solve complex organizational challenges.
- You’ll collect, analyze, and identify trends in qualitative and quantitative data to monitor and improve organizational health, and assist in making informed business decisions.
About You: Strengths
- Passion for People: You enjoy building relationships with people—consulting with, coaching, mentoring them—to influence change and action. Experience in Client and/or Professional Services is helpful, but not required.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: You enjoy actively listening to and communicating with people to understand their needs and gain their trust. You have experience drafting clear communications that demonstrate discretion, good judgement, and attention to detail.
- Project Management Skills: You have experience running several projects at once in a dynamic environment. You’re comfortable working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, taking initiative to move projects forward and deliver results on time.
- Problem Solving Skills: You have experience analyzing data to understand trends, develop recommendations for action, and engage in strategy discussions.
- Work Ethic: You have a track record of personal accountability, and a high standard of integrity and professionalism. You’ve demonstrated resilience and a desire to succeed in the face of new and/or unforeseen challenges.
About You: Other Attributes
- Ownership Mentality: You take ownership, responsibility, and initiative. You have a track record of consistently delivering impactful, high-quality work on time.
- People-Oriented: You’re excited to work with a small group of high-performers. You foster collaboration, build trust, and support information sharing with colleagues.
- Love for Learning: You’re looking for an environment that challenges you to gain new knowledge and grow professionally every day. You’re adaptable in the face of change.
- Appetite for Remote Work: You’re ready to work with a fully distributed team, communicating asynchronously, deliberately, and openly across time zones and cultures.
- Passion for Internet Security: You want to create a more secure Internet, and are excited to help innovative companies solve their hardest engineering and regulatory problems.
- Making the Internet safe to trust with sensitive data is a good thing! It’s also pretty fun. You’ll learn a lot about Security, Compliance, DevOps, and SaaS.
- You’ll feel invested in your work and make an impact. We’re highly transparent internally with business strategy, important decisions, and our failures and successes.
- You’ll help build a business for the long-term and invest in a sustainable business model. We’re backed by excellent investors and have the resources we need to do a great job.
- Everyone gets to live in the place that suits them best. We work remotely, and meet up at least twice a year in places like Barcelona, Mexico, and New York. Next Up: Paris?
- Commitment: Full-Time
- Location: Anywhere
- Compensation: Competitive Salary, Equity, Health Benefits, Flexible Paid Time Off
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.