ABOUT THE JOB
Paperpile helps researchers to find, organize, read, and write academic papers.
In addition to the Paperpile app, we have recently introduced a new product BibGuru for students. We are signing up thousands of new students every day.
Our user-base is growing fast, and so is the team around it.
– As part of a small team, everything you do matters. You only work on stuff that has a direct big impact on the product and our customers.
– Work from anywhere on your own schedule. We communicate with tools like Slack, Clubhouse, Figma, and Notion to move our product forward fast.
– Work with an interesting and diverse community of academics. Our customers use Paperpile to study climate change, cancer, or medieval history. You interact with them directly to understand how we can make their work more productive.
You will take responsibility for substantial parts of our codebase and develop and ship the UI of new features and products.
– You can work independently and write clean, reusable, and testable code.
– You have an eye for details and strive to create fast and enjoyable user interactions.
– You can work and communicate efficiently with designers, product managers, and QA.
– You work in a Scrum team and turn mockups and user stories into production-ready code efficiently and on time.
– You understand React inside-out and are up-to-date with modern developments of the framework.
– You have built complex React apps in the past.
– You have experience and a deep understanding of the underlying web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, REST APIs, …)
More useful experience (optional):
– React Native
– Browser extensions (Chrome/Chromium, Safari, Firefox, …)
– Native iOS and Android development
– Background in research or academia
This job is fully remote but we only hire in Europe at this time.