We are looking for a detail-obsessed, action-oriented, process optimizer. Come help us transform the workplace into a dojo for mastering life’s most useful skills.
LifeLabs Learning is the go-to leadership development resource for 600+ of world’s most amazing and people-centric companies (like Etsy, Twitter, Lyft, Reddit, and Warby Parker). We offer manager, executive, and individual contributor training that blends science, practice, and practical tools.
Our team is a diverse, close-knit group of psychologists, researchers, consultants, and experience designers. We obsess about brain science, challenge each other to improve, give frequent feedback, make each other laugh, and have one another’s backs. Our offices are in NYC and SF, and this role can be onsite or remote.
As our Operations Coordinator, you will assist in a variety of critical business areas. Your goal is to proactively support our team by troubleshooting IT issues, maintaining our hardware inventory and software accounts, managing vendor contracts and relationships, processing reimbursements, and updating our internal systems.
A week in the life of an Operations Coordinator:
- Manage office space leasing (track office usage, membership fees, and conference room credits, research office spaces, project manage office moves, book conference rooms)
- Coordinate office moves and expansions
- Order worksheets, equipment, and office supplies
- Oversee equipment inventory, purchasing, and leasing
- Set up equipment and apps/software accounts
- Research, select, and manage vendor relationships (including contracts and payments)
- Create, implement, and maintain the data backup and security process
- Provide IT support for various apps and software, including Zoom, G-suite, MixMax, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Keep company-wide Google calendar up-to-date with internal events, meetings, and holidays
- Update our weekly internal newsletter and meeting documents
- Schedule internal and external meetings
- Look for opportunities to streamline and improve our internal workflows while providing stellar support to our team
- Assist in the production of team events
- Assist with a variety of special projects
Operations Coordinator Prerequisites:
- Ability to keep small details from slipping through the cracks
- Eagerness to support and help others (because you genuinely care about humans)
- Ability to adapt, learn, and stay positive in the face of change and ambiguity
- Comfort juggling many tasks, projects, and relationships at once
- Advanced time management and organization skills
- Strong written communication skills (particularly the ability to write clear, playful emails)
- Ability to communicate with clarity and warmth over phone and video calls
- An eagerness and skill in giving and receiving feedback
- Proficient in Mac IOS
- Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Comfort with troubleshooting tech issues
- Comfort mastering new software and apps
- Preferred but not required:
- Experience working in an operations role
- Experience optimizing company-wide processes for efficient workflow
- Experience managing supply inventory
- Experience with data and software backup
- Experience providing technical support
- Knowledge of Hubspot CRM, Zoom, MixMax, and/or Trello
Want to apply but not sure if you’d be the right fit? If we sound like the right place for you, we want to hear from you. There is no ‘perfect’ candidate. Everyone brings something different to the team, and our diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and identities makes LifeLabs an amazing place to work.
Let’s do this! Come be part of a team that has your back, values learning, laughs a lot, and where you can make a real impact by helping people master life’s most useful skills.
Start date: Jan or Feb | Location: NY, SF, or remote
Salary: $45 – $55K
Benefits: medical and dental insurance, 18 vacation days, 1 floating personal values day, 9 holidays, 4 Learning Days, 401K, team profit share, annual Learning FUNd, lending library, dedicated peer coach, biannual team retreats.
Want to know what to expect ahead?
Step 1: Complete the application below.
Step 2: Meet with a member of our team to join an interview related to the role and our company values.
Step 3: Meet with a different member of our team to complete a work demo.
PROMPT: Since email is a big part of this role, we would love to see your writing style. Please send us your resume and answer the questions below.
- What drew you to this role at LifeLabs? (250 words max) *
- What are some examples of similar or relevant responsibilities you’ve had in the past? (250 words max) *
- What tends to come more easily to you than most others? (250 words max) *
- What is that last thing you learned? (250 words max) *
- How did you hear about this job? *
- If the role ended up being a good fit, when would be your ideal start date? *
- What is your required compensation for this role? *
- What city would you prefer to work from? *
We may not be able to respond to every application, but please know that we very much appreciate your interest and time (and always keep resumes on file for future opportunities).