ABOUT THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to all. Our goal is to become the leading apprenticeship and reskilling provider all over the world. We are already the leading online education platform in Europe, expanding in the US. Every month, we offer fully-accredited online diplomas to 14,000 students and free courses to more than 300K students.
We are very proud to be a B-Corp company (combining a for-profit activity with general social impact); we’re recognized as one of the best workplaces in France by Great Place to Work. We’ve received multiple other awards (Next 40/120, Entrepreneur of The Year by EY, etc.), but what really matters to us is that in 2022, more than 44,000 individuals attributed a positive move in their careers to OpenClassrooms.
We raised a total of 150 million dollars since inception with world-class investors like General Atlantic, Salesforce Ventures, GSV, and Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth, and make education even more accessible across the world!
OpenClassrooms is committed to expanding its mission and increasing its footprint in the US market, focusing on deploying modern tech registered apprenticeship programs (RAPs). To do so, OpenClassrooms is partnering with private or public sector stakeholders involved in education, employment, and registered apprenticeships.
TEAM & ROLE
The US go-to-market Team is made up of the following functions: Marketing, Direct Sales, Government & Partnership Sales, Customer Success & Operations, and Accreditation. We are supported by other HQ teams such as Learning and Product, Tech, & Data.
The Director of Enterprise Sales is part of the Direct Sales Team and will help us scale OpenClassrooms in the US market. You will help Enterprise clients become future-proof by fulfilling their talent acquisition, reskilling, and upskilling needs.
As a self-motivated and experienced quota-bearing business development professional, you use a consultative approach to sell to the corporate customer base within the F1000. You are a hands-on self-starter with an entrepreneurial flair and possess 7-15 years of senior sales and business development experience in the US. You have previously sold Talent, Learning & Development, Higher Education, EdTech, or Saas products. Experience selling Apprenticeship Programs is highly desirable. Candidates must have experience presenting a winning value proposition to senior stakeholders (directors, VPs, C-level). Excellent communication skills and a thorough understanding of the Enterprise sales funnel are key to success in the role.
As the Director of Enterprise Sales, you will:
- Identify and add enterprise and government prospects to Salesforce based on our best customer fit. For example, apprenticeship prospects should have tech hiring needs and may be facing a talent shortage. Upskilling prospects may want to increase employee retention, and reskilling customers could be undergoing a digital transformation.
- Select and attend industry-specific events and conferences. As part of our go-to-market strategy, you can be a speaker at key conferences (for example, ASU-GSV, National Apprenticeship Week events, etc.)
- Come up with and implement new enterprise prospecting strategies
- Create, run, and optimize email/call sequences to nurture prospects to generate meetings
- Create and pitch innovative talent management solutions to help clients cope with complex problems such as skills gaps and talent retention
- Build and present proposals
- Proactively follow up on open opportunities to shorten the sales cycle
- Work with procurement, legal, and security teams all the way to contract signature
- Hand-off deal to customer success properly to ensure stellar onboarding and project kick-off
- Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly enterprise sales forecasts
- Own and manage your individual sales pipeline from discovery to close
- Update Salesforce as needed to provide the most up-to-date information
- Create and implement corrective action plans to get back on track when needed
- We may need to participate in RFPs to win new business with enterprise customers. You will lead the entire process from start to finish
Expand existing relationships:
- Renew and upsell existing customers
Other activities as they come up:
- For instance, you may need to co-pitch with the Government & Partnership teams to win new business
- You may also need to network for organized employer coalitions such as Chambers of Commerce and Workforce Development Boards
- You will be expected to document best practices and experiments
- You will wear multiple hats in this role as you will need to partner with many internal and external stakeholders to win new business: Learning, Government & Partnerships, Marketing, Accreditation, Customer Success, etc.
- You may need to travel to close deals. We estimate it would be needed about 15% of the time
- Identify 5 enterprise accounts per week to prospect and add 75 related contacts to your email and call sequences
- Book a minimum of 5 meetings per week
- Create 2 new opportunities per week
- Create, share, and report back on weekly sales commitments
- Generate $2 million in bookings per year
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 7-15 years of experience in enterprise sales quota-bearing roles
- 2+ years of experience in a startup or scale up
- 2+ years of experience in go-to-market business development activities
- Experience and an active network in the US apprenticeship, boot camp, vocational training, tech recruitment, or EdTech sectors preferred
- Some experience in US Registered Apprenticeship Programs preferred
- Proven track record of high-level sales achievement (above $2M/year)
- Passion for seeking and building new relationships with senior stakeholders to secure new customers and sales wins
- High level of interest in education, technology, and labor market trends
- Comfortable with saas tools such as Salesforce, Notion, Slack, Google Suite, etc.
- Business acumen, analytical ability with a data-driven approach to solving problems
- Demonstrated project management skills and a love of getting things done
- A hands-on, “roll up the sleeves,” action-oriented approach
You will report directly to the SVP, International
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect, and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Dental and Vision: 100% covered for the employee and 75% for the family
- 401K (pension): the company matches up to 5%
- Health insurance: 100% covered for the employee and 75% for the family
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Parental & family leave (Maternity Leave Package)
- PTO 20 Days and additional vacation days.
- “Remote First” work policy: based in one of the following states: Texas, Washington DC, Georgia, California, New Jersey
- A company MacBook
- The journey will start with a phone interview with a member of the talent team (20 minutes)
- Then a face-to-face (virtual) meeting with the Hiring Manager (1 hour)
- Then, you will meet other teams members within the department
- You will be asked to provide us with professional references, including contact details
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course, How do we work at OpenClassrooms, to get the gist of who we are. ~(https://oc.cm/43RIemy)
OpenClassrooms is a company of equal opportunities where you can find colleagues with diverse backgrounds, ages, gender, social origins, beliefs, health situation,n or disability. You come as you are!
OpenClassrooms is a Remote-first company. We trust our employees and give them the flexibility to choose if they want to work remotely or come to the office/coworking space (when available). Our US office is currently located in New York, but we are also hiring in Illinois, Georgia, Utah, Wisconsin, the District of Columbia, and North Carolina, as well as other states.
Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, taking up challenges, meeting awesome people every week, and changing the world a little bit every day!