Location: US only, Eastern Time Zone preferred but but open to other time zones as well
There’s a revolution currently taking place in the education and training field and you want to be a part of it. You feel strongly about access to education and you may have even taken a few MOOCs or online classes yourself. Come help us make education accessible to all. OpenClassrooms is a startup founded by Mathieu Nebra and Pierre Dubuc. We’ve been going through a hyper-growth phase since our last round of series B funding in the amount of $60M during the first half of 2018. Over 3M people per month train themselves on our platform.
At OpenClassrooms, the Student & Employer Success (SES) Team is here to guarantee ROI for our customers: students and employers alike. The SES Team ensures our students and employers get the best possible experience with us. From choosing their course, to completing their projects, graduating and achieving professional success, you’ll be there every step of the way to offer a helping hand as part of the global SES team.
We are looking for a unique individual with significant experience in management and automation of customer support and customer success activities, along with exceptional business acumen. The Director, Student Success for International Markets will lead customer support, retention, graduation rates, and the employability of our students. You have proven experience in creating innovative, efficient, and sustainable processes in a data-driven fashion while automating in order to provide an exceptional customer experience. You often take initiatives and are constantly on the lookout to learn new things. You are ready to join an agile and fast-moving structure, with the goal to make education accessible to all.
Reports to the Global VP, Student Success.
By 2025, we expect to place 1M students per year into the workforce. To achieve this, we aim to provide a world class customer experience for our students. We’re looking for someone to lead customer support and customer success for our students globally and:
- Build, lead, and scale a world-class student support team to manage the journey for all students and customers aligning with French processes
- Create an agile environment of continuous process improvement working through iteration
- Identify benchmarks and metrics to improve student success. Your mission is to become a thought leader in customer support and customer success. Remember, we want to provide a best in class experience to our students
- Get started on creating our very first Medium Blog
- Collaborate with other departments using quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities to improve the student experience.
- Manage and motivate a team of Student Success Managers aligned with the mission and culture of OC
- Envision and launch innovative initiatives and tactics to improve student retention, graduation rates and employability
- Scale the team balancing the constraints of customer demands and operational efficiencies
- In this role, you’ll also manage a portfolio of international B2B customers to help them transform their workforce
- Create, track, analyze and report back on the Student Success Team’s KPIs in a repeatable fashion for all internal and external stakeholders
- Student Support: CSAT/NPS, first reply time, full resolution time, inbound calls completion rate
- Student Success: students’ overall health management, dropout and graduation rates (retention), etc.
- Customer success: employer satisfaction, product usage, etc.
- Employee satisfaction scores
- Be hands on. Spend some time performing operational tasks such as reviewing and processing support tickets. This will be instrumental in your ability to select key areas of improvement and to prioritize in terms of what gets solved first
- Turn existing time-consuming processes into sustainable and scalable automated tasks whenever possible
- Significantly increase our self-service performance
- This is a remote position (preferred east coast time zone) with travel to Paris every quarter or so and an onboarding period of 1 to 3 months onsite. Remote experience is a must
- Great empathy and ability to remain calm
- Native English
- A true passion for education and helping others succeed
- Desire to join a high-growth start up
- People management
- Data-driven and results-oriented
- Budget forecasting and management
- Tech savvy (experience with most of the following tech stack would be a bonus: Zendesk, Slack, Salesforce, Excel, G-Suite, Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure towards specific KPI’s
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (please apply even if you don’t check ALL of the requirements)
- 7+ years successful customer service, sales, and operations management experience in both B2C and B2B environments
- 5+ years experience working teams in an international setting
- 3+ years ticketing tool (Zendesk, Salesforce) experience
- 3+ years Startup experience
The journey starts with a phone interview and a meeting (in-person or video) with:
- Jeremy, Chief Customer Success Officer and Linda, VP, Student Success
- and a few other people from teams across the organization
You will be asked to provide us with professional references contact details.
You will be asked to provide one of the following: work sample, complete a questionnaire, complete a sample project
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a “Talent Passport” residence permit. There is also a simplified “accompanying family” procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees