General Assembly is not your average company. While only in our 4th year of business, we have grown to over 600 employees worldwide and have more accolades to our name than companies our senior. We were recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world. We pride ourselves on having a collection of minds; all dedicated to pushing the envelope to provide the best quality product to our customers, treating everyone like a name and never a number. Our mission is to create a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, and we’ve done just that. We offer classes, workshops, enterprise partnerships, and events at our campuses worldwide. Our headquarters are in New York City, but we have campuses in Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne, Washington DC, and online.
Seeking a Part-Time Online Local Marketing Associate
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organized individual, who leads by example. The Online Marketing Associate will support the Online team in the promotion and execution of events, workshops, and other creative, local campaigns that will drive traffic and grow General Assembly’s Online presence. This is a role for a motivated team player who wants to be part of fast-paced, growing educational community. This is a remote position.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Support event and workshop operations by handling administrative duties including: creating run-of-show documents, resource planning and creating promotional materials
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to produce events and source speakers that are compelling to the target audience
- Collect and report on feedback from events and workshops to Online team and other stakeholders
- Serve as the General Assembly representative at 1-2 remote evening events a week, ensuring a quality experience for partners, speakers and attendees
- Act as a brand ambassador for GA; understands our products and is able to answer general questions about them
- Produce marketing assets and write event and social media copy
- Send pre and post program email communications to attendees, partners, and speakers
Skills & Qualifications:
- You are detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- You are able to anticipate customer and stakeholders needs and act accordingly
- You are solutions-orientated and thrive in an ever-changing, fast paced startup environment
- You maintain a positive and professional demeanor
- You are proactive and comfortable working independently
- You are able to multitask and enjoy wearing many hats
- You learn new processes quickly and accurately
- You have a clear and effective writing style
- You are comfortable with public speaking
- Prior experience in event planning and/or marketing a plus
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Time Management
- Written Communication
- Available 29 hours a week
- Afternoon and Evening availability required.
About General Assembly
General Assembly (GA) is a global educational company on a mission to empower a global community to pursue work they love.
Focusing on the most relevant and in-demand skills across data, design, business and technology, GA is confronting a skills gap through best-in-class instruction and providing access to opportunities.
GA works with students online and in person across 15 campuses in 4 continents. GA also works with companies as partners in course development and graduate placement as well as helps companies stay competitive in today's digital landscape. Additionally, GA’s focus on affordable and accessible education combined with our education-to-employment approach is helping to create a diverse talent pipeline.
We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series C, NYC-based startup in our fourth year.
We’re constantly looking for talented individuals — regardless of height or hair color — to join our growing team. Please review our list of positions to find current openings. If you don't see a good match, check back frequently. New roles are posted often.