Prodigy Education connects students, parents, teachers and school districts with resources that promote a lifelong love of learning. Anyone with an internet connection is welcome to create a free account and try the most effective and engaging K-8 math platform in the world. Our business model helps us connect with youth around the world, with over 50 million students now voluntarily practicing math every single day — and enjoying it! We believe the entire community that surrounds a student plays a part in their success as a learner. For that reason, Prodigy Education uniquely empowers parents, teachers, and schools by providing curriculum-aligned tools, performance reports, and even partnerships. At Prodigy Education, we have an incredible team that works tirelessly to turn our goal of making education a human right into a reality. We are immensely grateful for our amazing team and all they do every day.
In the last eight years, Prodigy Education has gone from 3,000 local users to over 50,000,000 worldwide, and is currently the fastest-growing educational startup in North America! We have always been popular in North America but have expanded into the UK, Australia and recently opened our first office in India. 2018 proved to be a big year for us. We are proud to have been named the fastest-growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, as well as selected to be on the list of the most sought-after startups in Canada by LinkedIn. Prodigy’s incredible growth was recognized by Deloitte with a triple-award win by placing in Canada’s Technology Fast 50 and the North American Fast 500 rankings, in addition to being honoured with a Leadership award for our deep commitment to innovation and advancement within the industry.
We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning, while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in the industry.
Are you a passionate mathematics educator looking for a new challenge with some flexibility? Here at Prodigy we are establishing a new product to bring effective, fun, 1-to-1 learning to children everywhere! Our Prodigy Math Coaches are exemplary educators who know their math, and know how to make it fun for kids. They are excellent listeners and coaches, enabling students to reach their potential and assuring parents that their children are building the skills and confidence they need to be successful.
Our Math Coaches can work from anywhere they have a stable internet connection. We are looking for a high degree of independence and flexibility and passionate educators.
- You will coach children in mathematics helping them with homework, building skills or extending the curriculum
- You will spark joy in learning and math confidence
- You will work with families to define learning goals and report progress on those goals
- You will engage with new clients to understand their needs
- You will contribute to a team and help define and improve our new product
- You will build relationships with children and families and retain clients for the long-term
Who You Are:
- You are ideally a teacher looking to share your passion for math outside of the classroom
- You work independently and are adaptable to any situation
- You are an excellent communicator
- You want a role that provides flexibility and are open to working evenings and weekends
- Bachelor of Education, J/I
- Major or Minor in Mathematics
- Teacher Certification
- Experience as a tutor (in-person or online) or as a classroom teacher
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Proficient with technology and online tools (eg. G-suite, Excel)
- Access to a high quality internet connection
- A quiet spot from which to tutor
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Customer service mindset
- Exhibits Prodigy vales of User-Obsession, Radical Candour, Growth Mindset, Extreme Ownership
- Willingness to learn and work in a hyper-growth company
Bonus Point For:
- Experience using Prodigy in the classroom
- Understanding of Common Core State Standards and/or American teaching experience
- An interest in educational technology
What We Offer
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency
- No is never the final answer, we want you to bring your fresh ideas to the team
- No micromanaging here!
- We are Canada’s Fastest Growing Software Company, build your career, define your role, push yourself beyond expectations and be rewarded
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home options
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.