Title: Online Fundraising Manager
Reporting to: Development Director
Location: CA, CT, CO, DC, GA, MA, ME, MD, MT, NC, NJ, NY PA, VA, VT, WA, and WI
Start Date: October 1, 2018
In partnership with the Development team and the Digital team, the Online Fundraising Manager will create an online fundraising strategy, implement new tools and analysis, and craft effective online appeals to raise money from individuals. The ideal candidate will have the expertise and ability to translate program strategy into compelling and concise asks in emails, on websites, and on social media.
Strategy and Tools:
- Develop a comprehensive strategy to raise more money from our online fundraising program
- Provide analysis of our current program, where to improve, and what’s needed to implement these changes
- Analyze where the greatest potential for growth is and assist in creating a plan to close those gaps
- Assist with language that would be best for these segments
- Provide new tools, tips, or ideas to raising more funding
- Provide technical expertise with ActionKit
- Provide technical expertise with Facebook ads and Google adwords
- Suggest new online fundraising tools by analyzing ROI
- Advise on best practices:
- Suggested amounts
- Style of asks
- When to use images
- Stories that are more compelling
- Draft fundraising plans for specific campaign drives
- Support the Development Director in assessing funding opportunities in support of anticipated programming and operational needs.
Crafting the ask:
- Take the lead in drafting compelling fundraising content from action alerts or other communications in collaboration with program staff
- Draft content, and lead the editing and approval process
- Target and build segments for each appeal, with appropriate editing made for different segments
- Convene and lead online fundraising meetings
- Liaise with digital and campaign leads on a recurring basis for updates about upcoming work and integrating fundraising asks
- Create donation pages in multiple languages and currencies
- Create social media ads and coordinate with the digital team for posting
- Create new donation pages and improve current ones
- Work with the Development team on all aspects of online fundraising and email appeals
- Run reports on email performance and metrics; look for ways to improve data gathering and analysis, and make recommendations on changes based on results
- Run reports on donor segments, offer ways to retain and renew donors, convert to sustaining monthly donors or increase individual donations.
- Analyze email appeal performance and report individual and overall results to Development team
- Understand 350.org’s history, campaigns, and theory of change, and keep current with basic climate science and policy. Occasionally use this knowledge to represent 350.org’s perspective in public venues based on geographic location and areas of expertise.
- Contribute work towards 350.org’s overall mission that is outside of standard responsibilities and instead relies solely on geographic location or work capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 4 years of online fundraising experience required, preferably for an environmental organization.
- Documented success as an online fundraiser.
- Must be a strong writer with proven ability to develop high-level, compelling copy. Ability to quickly synthesize complex ideas and turn them into concise appeals.
- High level of experience with A/B testing, running fundraising cycles for large email lists, and making projections based on available data
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills in planning, prioritizing, and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communications skills.
- High level of confidence and ability to work independently as well as within a team structure; proven ability to work well with diverse groups of people in different departments and functions.
- Technology Skills: Google suite, Microsoft suite,Google Analytics, ActionKit, database management (CivCRM and SQL a plus), Google Adwords.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications skills, as well as a professional telephone manner
The Ideal Candidate Will Be:
- Excited about online fundraising, new tools and data systems
- Comfortable working alone within a remote team
- A diplomatic communicator who is comfortable working with diverse constituencies while maintaining a high-level of discretion and confidentiality
- A strong project manager with excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a self-directed fashion
- Comfortable taking initiative, working alone while being a contributing team member
- Able to maintain the integrity of donor data
- Engage in initiatives that foster team collaboration, including meetings, trainings, retreats, and special projects