Elite Daily is a seeking remote, part-time writer to cover both politics and social news for our News vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include sweeping for stories, pitching unique angles on trending content, and writing articles for the vertical. Coverage will include a variety of topics such as food, tech, politics, general news, celebrity news, and viral news. Candidates must have availability to work remotely Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from 10-5 p.m. EST.
Applicants should be experienced news writers with strong news judgment and an understanding of the Elite Daily voice. The ideal candidate is creative, well organized, and able to handle multiple projects at once.
*Currently, we are trying to fill a Saturday, Sunday & Monday shift from 10-5 p.m. EST. This writer will work remotely.*
- Sweep the internet and pitch stories for relevant news that would appeal to the Elite Daily audience
- Work directly with editors to brainstorm and ideate unique angles on current trending topics
- Effectively package posts for search and/or social with enticing, clickable headlines and teasers
- Write 3-4 news stories per shift about topics like food, tech, politics, and viral news
- Degree in journalism, communications, political science, or related
- 2+ years of experience in writing, reporting, or blogging
- Strong voice, unique ideas, and the ability to not completely force your views on readers
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Twitter addiction regrettably preferred
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group’s content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.