Mattermost, one of Y Combinator’s top 100 companies, provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
About the Role
We understand that mobility is life, and we are looking for a best in class Mobile Engineer to innovate the next generation of on-the-go interface capabilities. We need a highly intelligent and driven engineer that understands both the capabilities and the limitless potential surrounding mobile enterprise communications. You will be part of the team focused on a new kind of interactive, immersive experience that will forever change how things get done wherever anyone is at any time.
- You will be consistently measuring the impact and quality of feature additions and augmentations to a React Native app. Note that sometimes this work involves diving into the Android/iOS native side of the codebase
- You’ll have strong input on the direction of product utility and launch while working directly with the experienced startup entrepreneurs leading this project
- Collaborate with our team engineers, designers, product managers, researchers and visual effects engineers. Being an Open Source product, remember that you’ll also be collaborating with our awesome Community Contributors
- Create an engaging and immersive mobile experience that will lead the next generation of mobile communication evolution
- Effectively work while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
- 1+ year experience developing with React Native
- 3+ years experience developing for Mobile Applications
- Experience working in a team environment relying on issue tracking and collaboration tools (eg. GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Fogbugz, Trello)
- Can write and maintain clean, readable code that will scale as our team grows
- Be able to work well with a team composed of cross-functional roles
- Be able to proactively communicate well, both written and verbally
- Be a proven builder
- Direct experience working on world-class mobile applications
- Degree in Computer Science or related
- Experience working in open source communities
We’re looking for someone who wants to help us build the future of Mattermost and improve the way the world communicates. The right person in this role has the opportunity to have a huge impact on Mattermost the product, and its many users worldwide, but also on our open source community that has been key to Mattermost’s success. If this sounds like you – please apply!