Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers students throughout their formal education. Our #1 core value here at Khan Academy is to focus on the learner, and anything we do for teachers, parents, or administrations is through the lens of what it does for learners. Whether they’re studying mitosis, Marbury v. Madison, or matrices, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything. We’re seeking a Math Content Manager to help scale our content team and realize that vision in math subjects.
The Math Content Manager is broadly responsible for Math content at Khan Academy, serving the needs of the K-14 learners and teachers. As the Math Content Manager, you will:
- Support, build, and develop our team of math content creators (currently 5 people)
- Oversee content creation and maintenance in current and future math courses on Khan Academy by reviewing project plans, reviewing content quality, and building efficient processes
- Drive math content strategy
- Represent Khan Academy Math to partners (such as EngageNY and College Board) and at conferences (such as NCTM and SXSW edu)
- 5+ years of professional experience, including experience successfully leading a team of teachers, writers, or related
- Experience in K12 education, as a teacher, administrator, curriculum designer, or otherwise
- Strong command of one field of math, a passion and drive for learning other subjects, and great intuition for how students like to learn
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a bias toward action
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help the team get work done as we are growing
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and impeccable written communication skills
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives – whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom – would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a non‐profit with a mission of providing a free world‐class education for anyone, anywhere. Our free online educational resources include practice problems, instructional lessons, and learning tools to support personalized education for users of all ages.
It doesn't matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology. Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
We believe a few great people can make a big difference. If you're one of 'em, check out the opportunities we have available across the team, and apply below. Join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.