Student Loan Hero (SLH) combines financial education with easy-to-use tools to help the millions of Americans living with student loan debt to manage their student loans smarter.
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero (https://studentloanhero.com) is on a mission to help 44 million people manage and repay over $1.4 trillion in student loan debt.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Marketing Copywriter do?
The Marketing Copywriter’s role is to take web pages, emails, and other content and create copy that improves conversion rates and gets results.
We’re looking for a Marketing Copywriter who will:
- Locate weak spots in SLH’s copy and propose, create, and A/B test new copy
- Increase conversion rates with the copy s/he writes
- Help develop new email marketing funnels as well as improve our existing ones
- Find the right words to educate, inspire, and motivate users to take action
- Create clear and engaging copy that’s honest and helpful (and not hype)
- Focus on results — you’re not satisfied merely creating new copy and calling it a day. Rather, you’re focused on making sure what you produce gets the desired results.
The ideal candidate for this position should have an entrepreneurial mind-set and be ready to take on and initiate new projects as he or she sees the need arise.
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Portland, Santiago, and St. Petersburg.
Since we’re literally all over the map, communication using Slack, Gmail, Basecamp, Google Hangouts, and other tools is key for us. Don’t worry—you won’t be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
In our small group, each team member uses highly specialized skills while working on a variety of projects. We enjoy giving our team members autonomy to do the work that interests them. We’re focused on the output of each team member, not putting in long hours.
We’re always open to new ways to create better content and make Student Loan Hero better for student loan borrowers, and we want to hear new ideas from you. A large part of our culture and values is transparency. We believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible. We want everyone on our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational bonuses, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re each proud to work on solving meaningful problems and to impact lives every day. Whether it’s authoring a blogpost read by thousands of borrowers or answering a one-on-one customer support question, we value that working for Student Loan Hero makes a positive impact.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years experience as a copywriter
- A focus on conversion and getting results from the copy you write
- Ability to propose and help carry out A/B tests on copy
- Experience across multiple formats including email and web pages
- Ability to infuse copy with the SLH voice and brand
- Ability to work with a design team to create and match copy with UX
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Interest in personal finance and helping others improve their financial lives
- Availability to work full time
- Understanding of A/B testing and related software
- Experience working on PPC and other paid campaigns
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms and automation
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Experience writing for landing pages
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a $2,000 technology stipend to purchase a laptop or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, or a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.
About Student Loan Hero
Student Loan Hero is the smartest way for student loan borrowers to repay student loans, saving time, money and frustration.
Our student loan tools allow a student loan borrower to sync student loan data, learn about 70+ federal and private and repayment options, and calculate different repayment scenarios.
Student Loan Hero is helping 60,000+ borrowers manage and eliminate over $1 billion dollars in student loan debt. We're on a mission to help 43 million Americans manage their student loans smarter. Each year, it helps more than one million people become financially healthy.
For both current and former students who want to manage their loans in line within their own budget, Student Loan Hero offers free loan calculators, unbiased personalized advice, and repayment plans, all with a user-friendly interface and dashboard.