At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values – Community, Growth, Passion, Team and Trust – serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for organizations. Over 10,000 enterprises and small to mid-size organizations globally trust PagerDuty to improve digital operations, drive revenue, mitigate threats, protect assets, and delight customers. We were included in the 2017 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for the second year in a row, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists as well as the 2018 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
Why We Need You
Our vision for the PagerDuty Community is to create a place for IT practitioners to engage with other practitioners and experts at PagerDuty to learn and improve the practice of their craft, ideally by leveraging PagerDuty products and the PD platform.
As the Manager of Community Events and Content, you’ll work within the Community team, reporting to our Community Lead, to organize and manage all of our community events and community content programs. You’ll partner with internal teams, industry organizations and external vendors to deliver world class event programs that drive successful results against strategic objectives, timelines and financial goals. You’ll also collaborate with subject-matter experts both internally at PagerDuty and externally to drive our community content programs and publish high quality thought leadership content relevant to our community. The ideal candidate thrives under pressure, loves to travel and has a passion for event and content production and logistics.
- Community Event Management
- Manage and implement all aspects of PagerDuty’s community events strategy including strategy revision and iteration, budget management, metrics and reporting out to team and company.
- Execute community event sponsorship program (events range from conferences to smaller local events and Meetups). This includes managing all event logistics end-to-end: planning; schedule and deadline tracking; managing promotional campaigns and event swag, contests and giveaways; shipping; booth logistics, shipping, set-up, teardown; training and scheduling staff to run the booth; tracking contacts; contract, budget contracts and payment management; etc.
- Plan, promote, and execute our series of in-person and online Breakathon events. These events are un-hackathons for developers and are owned by PagerDuty. Ensure that attendees register, are excited for the events, show up to participate, and pursue further engagements with PagerDuty post-event..
- Event Speaker Program Management
- You will implement our SpeakerDuty program to encourage engineers, product managers and other employees at PagerDuty to speak at various conferences, trade shows, meetups, user groups, etc.
- Track speaking submission deadlines for a variety of conferences.
- Run a “speaker desk” program to help aspiring speakers brainstorm ideas and topics for new conference talks, provide feedback on presentation decks, and provide feedback, advice and training on public speaking.
- Community Content Management
- You will organize and run our program to encourage engineers and product managers at PagerDuty to write interesting, engaging content that will appeal to our engineering and DevOps audience.
- You will work closely with our technical employees to help draw out content ideas, maintain a content calendar, provide editorial support and coach authors – ultimately publishing and promoting great content to the community.
- Partner with marketing and content teams to promote community events, thought-leadership resources, and general activities of the Community Advocates.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Very strong organizational skills. Ability to work smart under pressure and efficiently on multiple project requests simultaneously in a fast-paced environment where tight deadlines and unexpected complexities can crop up.
- Accountability for results and team effectiveness. Strong time management and multitasking skills, flexibility and professional confidence.
- Strong communication skills are important – both verbal and written. Can emcee an event in front of a live audience without skipping a beat.
- Influencer: can evangelize our community efforts internally and encourage subject matter experts at PagerDuty to volunteer to create high quality conference talks and thought leadership content.
- Metrics driven through-and-through. Cares deeply about measuring and exceeding goals for our community events and community content.
- Hands on with a fine attention to detail.
- 4+ years of demonstrated success in managing events and conferences
- 2+ years as a content contributor or editor
- BA/BS degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Paid employee Volunteer Time – 20 hours per year
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.