Competitive compensation and benefits
Company Link: https://getmagic.com
We’re looking for a full-stack marketer, to help grow from 8 figures ARR to 9, rapidly. If you are passionate about helping small business owners scale their operations, love working in a fully remote, autonomous organization, and have deep experience across both organic and paid marketing channels – this may be your dream job!
We help small businesses grow their business, by leveraging a dedicated, college-educated assistant for only $10/hr! Our company came out of Y Combinator in 2015. Since then we’ve grown to 1000+ remote workers, with strong venture-backing (including Sequoia Capital) and over $30M in funding to date. We are fully remote across Asia and US time zones.
Why this role exists
Reporting up to the President, this role will help assess current marketing resources and create the strategy to bring marketing strategy in house. The Director of Marketing will scale the US marketing team, build out all organic channels and create a demand generation funnel that includes marketing automation, analytics, SEO, and growth marketing tactics.
- 10+ years of progressive marketing experience, leading and executing marketing strategy
- Demonstrated experience in building organic growth through marketing best practices including building strong nurture campaigns, identifying clear messaging for various personas, tracking marketing ROI, and implementing tech stacks where applicable.
- You have experience effectively deploying a large ad spend as well as optimizing organic marketing efforts
- Experience driving US Marketing Strategy, “people” solution or HR tech a plus.
- You will work with the leadership team and head of product to develop Magic’s voice and tone for marketing materials
- You will have a seat at the table and help the executive leadership align priorities between marketing and sales
- You will work with the product team to help improve conversion rates across our domains
- You will develop and manage a team of content creators, who consistently deliver well-crafted, SEO optimized content that resonates with our audience
- You will make sure the style guide and tone are consistent across ads, landing pages, blog, and main site
- You can make fast decisions, and can make decisions based on experience and expertise.
- You can manage a 20+ team spread across multiple time zones
- You have demonstrated experience articulating the distinct aspects of products and services, successfully positioning products against competitors.
In the first 30 days
- You will take over the reins of the existing marketing team while assessing what is working and what is not, as well as roles that are needed or missing.
- You will audit the team, and make sure that each person is in the “right seat” for their skillset and experience
In the first 90 days
- You will work with the recruiting team to hire a Growth Marketer someone to internally own our paid ad spend and strategy
- You will take over the paid acq strategy and execution from our CFO and bring it under marketing’s umbrella
- You will expand clinical research user base by driving 20+ new sign-ups to OpenAtlas from Clinical study / clinical trials teams in Pharma
- You will build a pipeline by supporting the creation of 3+ sales opportunities from OpenAtlas
- You will support content optimizations to increase traffic to HF website by 30%