Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans to slow down. We’re on a mission to scale our platform while simultaneously improving performance, reliability, and resiliency. To do this, we need the help of dedicated, methodical, and versatile engineers.
At Sustaining Engineering we tackle high impact problems wherever they may be. We’re not siloed into a single product area so we get to explore new problem spaces on a regular basis and collaborate closely with other teams. We build features and fix complex bugs that make commerce better for our merchant’s.
As we grow, we need technical and people leadership. Our leads are coding and in that capacity also provide hands-on mentorship to team members. You will leverage your expertise to improve the output of the team and drive the product vision to implementation.
You’ll need to have
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL (or an equivalent framework and the desire to learn Rails quickly)
- Technical leadership and/or management experience
- A commitment and drive for quality, excellence and results
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
- Establishing great relationships with other teams, across offices, and especially at the leadership level
- A passion and curiosity to constantly learn new things. Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast, too
It’d be great if you have experience with:
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Experience contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing events
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Carl. Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. Make sure to tell us how you think you can make an impact at Shopify, and what drew you to the role
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, using enterprise-level technology made available to businesses of all sizes. Shopify currently powers over 200,000 businesses in approximately 150 countries, including: Tesla Motors, Budweiser, Wikipedia, LA Lakers, the New York Stock Exchange, GoldieBlox, and many more.
Your personal growth is important to us, and we’ll give you everything you need to make it happen: learning budgets, mentorship opportunities, one-on-one coaching, skill development workshops, you name it. We encourage you to experiment, take risks, and pursue the things you care about. And if you make a mistake? That’s ok – learn from it, and share your experience with the team.
We hope you’ll love it here, but we also know that it’s not all about work. We’ll help you maintain a healthy balance with a gym allowance, parental leave, childcare benefits, flexible work hours, and catered meals to give you more time for the things you care about most.
We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, and the chance to work with some of the best in the business.