Later is looking for a creative and strategic product marketer to join our remote, global marketing team. Later is the the #1 Instagram marketing platform, with over 2 million users worldwide, and we are looking for someone to own our product marketing, position our product and features, and help our customers understand the many features and intrinsic value of Later.
We’re looking for someone who understands Instagram marketing and can communicate the value that both Later and Instagram bring to small businesses. As the Product Marketing Specialist, you would be responsible for onboarding emails, product releases, landing pages, and corresponding with the product team. As we’re a growing startup, you’ll be able to wear multiple hats as you both create strategy and execute it with your superb copywriting and project management skills.
As the Product Marketing Specialist, your goal would be to help our users adopt Later and then move them through the funnel to purchase. Later is a freemium product and we rely on marketing to convert our customers, instead of a sales team. You should have previous experience with product marketing, be knowledgeable about our industry and competitive landscape, and be confident with positioning both new and existing Later platforms and features.
In addition, you’ll monitor our market, competitors, and the technology trends impacting how consumer brands use visuals and social media to reach their customers.
The Later HQ is located in Vancouver, Canada, but you will will be joining a remote global marketing team of 10, so we’re looking for someone that work autonomously but also great at team communication.
- Write product messaging to explain the benefits of Later / Instagram and how it will help our customers grow their business
- Plan and launch new features and product releases
- Increase product adoption and free to paid conversion
- Own the on-boarding process for new free users
- Identify bottom of the funnel opportunities; creating landing pages, case studies and emails that convince our customers to adopt and buy Later
- Work with the Content Marketing team to integrate products into content / campaigns
- Market and customer research to ensure the whole company understands our customers
- Market analysis, reviewing competitors, trending technology, and market demands
What we’re looking for:
- You have 3+ years experience in product marketing
- You’re a great copywriter with a knack for translating complicated subjects into easy-to-understand language
- You understand Instagram marketing and the value it brings to business
- You’re always on top of the latest marketing trends and techniques
- You’ve done extensive market research on new products and features and understand how to create a cohesive and concise story from that data
- You love iterating on messaging and positioning to test what works and what doesn’t
- You use data to inspire marketing decisions and are comfortable reporting on KPIs
- You are a creative thinker who is comfortable working both independently and in a team
- Bonus skills: customer success or Instagram marketing experience
Here’s what we need from you:
- Your resume, including links to any product launches, landing pages, or case studies you’ve worked on. Please include at least 2 writing samples