Full-time Support Engineer
We (Kinsta.com) are a modern cloud hosting startup focused on WordPress websites. Our awesome, young, and motivated team is scattered across the globe: Europe, Asia, North America.
Our client base is growing steadily and we’re looking for a competent support engineer from 10 PM to 6 AM EST (2 AM to 10 AM UTC) with exceptional communication skills who can provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via our support system (we use intercom.io exclusively for these purposes).
We are looking for someone to start immediately!
- Fluent in English with excellent written communication skills
- Expertise in at least one of the following: WordPress, Linux, NGINX, PHP and MySQL
- Fluent in Spanish with excellent written communication skills
- Expertise in more than one of the following: WordPress, Linux, NGINX, PHP and MySQL
- Client-facing experience
- Linux sysadmin knowledge
- Take ownership of issues reported by customers and see problems through to resolution
- Research, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Reply to sales leads who contact Kinsta requesting more information
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Monitor uptime and analyze transactions data using third party analytics tool to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps for internal use and to extend our Knowledge Base
What We Offer:
We always use the latest version of everything: PHP7.1/HHVM, React.js, Express, Node.js, Ubuntu, LXD containers, Google Cloud and more, so you’ll be able to learn a bunch of exciting new technologies and actually use them every day!
This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, competitive salary, perks, and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Support Engineer”.
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting startup focused on WordPress (for now), run on Google Cloud, powered by LXD. We are the first managed WordPress host to be exclusively powered by Google Cloud and their Kubernetes container management system.
We believe that constant availability and an outstanding user experience are a must; we always utilize the latest software and cutting-edge technology to power our infrastructure.
We have the best engineers, support staff, and management in the business. Our motivated team is scattered across the globe in places such as London, Los Angeles, Budapest, and Berlin.
How We Do Business:
We are dependable. It is the core of our business. One of the biggest issues in hosting today is “the unknown”. From our hardware and software infrastructure to our support staff - you can count on us.
We are cutting edge. Hosting technology is advancing at a phenomenal pace. New technologies are developed, old ones are improved. We are at the forefront of these changes so your website always has the upper hand.
Our service is fast. Website speed is taken into account by search engines, it factors into conversions and user experience. We take speed very seriously within our infrastructure and our communications.
Real WordPress professionals. Our team has worked with WordPress for 8+ years. We’ve contributed to core code and help the community when we can. We’re quick and we know our stuff, let us work for you!