Kibana Canvas is a new data presentation, manipulation and communication application on top of Elasticsearch. Canvas is wildly flexible, enticingly extensible and plain fun to use. It’s as beautiful as you make it and we want YOU to help make it more flexible, more beautiful and more fun.
You absolutely must have
We might not have a lot of requirements, but we have high standards. You’re joining a team of people who look out for the long term so we weigh all of what you bring: your knowledge, your experience, your passion. We need to know you will arrive ready to make an impact and engage actively in decision-making.
You have been doing this for awhile. You can explain why you do what you do, and you’ve informed your views from your own long history of diverse experiences in building, maintaining, enhancing and sunsetting products.
A curated portfolio of impressive work that you can share in your application.
Don’t have one? Here’s your chance to create one! We want Canvas to impress an audience, and we want you to impress us. We need to see the things you’ve built, hands on and completely. Screenshots will work, demos are better. Code is cool too. Maybe you can’t share everything, but share all you can. This is your resume. This is your first impression. Make it count.
Give yourself a better shot
Surface this stuff in your portfolio and you have a much better chance
- Experience with some MVC style JS Framework. We use React for most things
- Operational experience. You’ve been in a paging rotation. You can explain what you’ve personally done to make the thing ring less often.
- Experience with BI tools. You’ve used them in anger to tackle a real problem.
- Open Source experience. You’ve engaged the community, reviewed pull requests, triaged tickets and stayed up late helping someone because you know they really need you right now.
- You’ve built complex data visualization and related tooling. You can explain the underlying model and why it works how it does. You’ve gone beyond putting charts on a webpage, you understand how people work with data.
We have a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. Elastic is the leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Since its initial release in 2012, Elastic’s products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California; and has employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. At Elastic, we effectively don’t have a hierarchy to speak of. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on truly anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.
- Deeply competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees all over the world, some even fly south for the winter 🙂
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.