Udacity’s mission is to democratize education. We’re an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Learning Products team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
As an Instructor at Udacity, you will build an entirely new learning experience to serve thousands of students in one of our newest and most exciting Nanodegree programs ever. You’ll be working directly with our hiring partner companies to develop an educational program informed by industry with projects that deliver in-demand skills at the cutting-edge of technology (think A.I. meets the real world). In this role, you’ll not only build the applications used in our world-class educational experiences; you’ll be the expert our students aspire to become.
Why would you want to be an Instructor at Udacity?
- Be an instructor on camera and develop a worldwide following of students and industry experts.
- Develop fundamental learning experiences that ultimately lead to millions of students around the world being exposed to AI as a potential career.
- Represent Udacity at conferences and become known as an influencer in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning.
- Learn new skills from industry experts and help them translate their knowledge into an effective curriculum.
- Work with practitioners literally at the bleeding-edge of their craft while connecting students’ aspirations of today to the technology of tomorrow.
- Join us at the forefront of our mission to democratize education.
- Work alongside subject matter experts from our partner companies in the fields of artificial intelligence and machine learning to develop cutting-edge curriculum.
- Work with domain experts in other fields to create interdisciplinary projects.
- Maintain code for exercises and projects built with various languages.
- Understand complex and technical concepts while breaking them down into more easily understood, self-contained, and visually rich learning experiences.
- Bring in support from other teams (eg. video production, animation, etc) to create engaging course material.
- Design and implement course curriculum using best practices from the learning sciences.
- Data science/Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence experience (python, statistics, data analysis, data visualization, etc).
- Experience implementing deep neural networks.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, mentoring, presenting, building curriculum or breaking down complex subjects into simple instructions (eg. conference talks delivered, online courses created, blog posts written, books authored, etc).
- Demonstrated interest in one of the following fields: behavioral economics, design thinking, product development, robotics, blockchain, human development, healthcare, game design, music theory, rocketry/space, art, film, biotechnology, autonomous vehicles, or climate change.
- Ability to create clear technical documentation.
- Experience in either Product Management, UX and Web Design, or Design Thinking.
- 2+ Years Work experience in a fast-paced technology company writing and deploying production code.
- Entrepreneurial background is a bonus!
- Musicians, Artists, Game Designers & Makers are a double bonus!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.