Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We’re the company behind some of Canada’s leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We’re looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the team
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Design, create, build, maintain and expand our infrastructure defined in code (IaC)
- Design, create, build and manage shared engineering resources for alerting, logging, backups, disaster recovery, and monitoring
- Define and provide right-sized access to shared engineering resources
- Guide our engineers in building and deploying resilient microservices that are in-line with our infrastructure’s best practices
- Provide coaching and mentorship to engineering teams on monitoring and operating their own microservices
- Help us build, grow, and scale our business by defining, architecting and building the direction of our infrastructure
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting underlying infrastructure, responding to incidents and addressing issues
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has proven, solid experience administering at least one Linux distribution in production (we use CentOS VMs and a mix of Debian-based containers)
- Has working knowledge of continuous deployment/integration and concepts (we use CircleCI, Amazon ECR, and Rundeck)
- Has experience with configuration management and orchestration tooling such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, or Puppet
- Has a familiarity with cloud service providers, preferably AWS (we lean heavily on VPC, EC2, IAM, and Aurora for underlying infrastructure, and CloudFormation/Terraform for IaC)
- Understands Docker semantics for building and running containerized workloads
- Has experience automating tasks with bash, and at least one higher-level language
- Values open communication and working on an exceptionally transparent team
- Is eager to teach and learn from your team. We value making each other successful!
- Has knowledge in building to scale, and knows what it takes to scale quickly and effectively 🚀