This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on April 30, 2020.
Infrastructure engineers are our authorities on implementing DevOps methodologies, building tools and services to allow application teams and others to self-service, and driving cross-team communications to ensure we ship stable and performant services. We’re looking for a driven and organized Infrastructure Engineer to help guide our teams in delivering the very best digital services for the American people.
Our ideal Infrastructure Engineer wants their work to make a difference and cares deeply about the process of building products, the organization and cohesiveness of a product and team, and improving the interactions people have with federal, state, and local governments.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate across teams to consolidate and simplify DevOps tools and services, then support other infrastructure engineers using them in production
- Build libraries, modules, and packages for other infrastructure engineers to integrate with their projects
- Develop Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes to help deliver software of higher quality at greater speed
- Work closely with our government partners and app teams to ensure that we are shipping software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
- Solve problems in ways that drive towards simplicity of architecture and operations
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You’ll Bring
3+ years of experience coding or operating production systems
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, or deployments of a web-based application with tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform or Packer
- Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions like PagerDuty, New Relic, or CloudWatch
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding of basic networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, UDP, routing, load balancing.
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Automation of applications through RESTful APIs
If you’re interested in this role, please complete an internal application!
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.