CareMessage is a non-profit dedicated to using mobile technology to improve healthcare outcomes for underserved patient populations. Since our patient engagement product launched in 2013, we have grown to work with over 200 healthcare organizations across the United States and have reached over 2 million lives.
Our web-based platform allows healthcare providers to reduce no-shows, increase attendance to preventive care screenings, and improve chronic disease management- all via simple “nudges” sent through text message. Besides improving the efficiency of the clinics that use our product, our impact has been shown through numerous clinical studies showing improvements in diabetes management and cancer screenings.
We have big goals in 2020: 1) Reach millions of patients on a monthly basis 2) Become profitable through a financially sustainable business model and 3) Build a diverse team that fully reflects the users it serves. We represent the next generation of healthcare technology organizations with an innovative product, business model, and remote-first organizational structure. Our long term goal is to impact healthcare outcomes globally.
To fund our growth we have raised over $21 million in funding from organizations like Google.org, William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation, Pershing Square Foundation, YCombinator, Schmidt Futures, Twilio.org, CVS Health Foundation, among others. In 2019 we became a remote-first company with ~50 people based across the United States and around the world.
- Company history
- Read a success story from a customer
- Check out our team culture on The Muse
- If you’re still wondering what a tech nonprofit is about, learn more from a member of our leadership team.
Who we are looking for…
At CareMessage, we love our customers and are committed to their success. We want team members with a track record of success who are passionate, positive and care as much about the team as their own performance. This role requires someone with 5+ years project management experience who has worked on complex projects within the healthcare landscape. As an Implementation Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for working with CareMessage’s newest customers and helping them successfully implement our product features so that they achieve their clinical goals. You’ll play a major role in crafting optimal workflows, training programs, and general best practices for implementations. As a member of the Customer Success team, you’ll partner with people from other CareMessage teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Research, Engineering) to ensure that our customers are set up for long-term success.
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Learn the product inside and out.
- Speak with customers to understand their needs and their clinical goals.
- Manage the implementations for a set of customers, using established templates and best practices.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Partner with colleagues from across the company to optimize the touch points along the customer journey, using your project management expertise.
- Develop new processes and enhance existing best practices for implementations.
- Contribute documentation for our internal knowledge base.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Grow your technical hat and become a subject matter expert in one or more technical integration areas.
- Lead a cross-functional group in achieving implementation-related companywide OKRs.
- Work with our product and engineering teams to prioritize customers’ feature requests.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years project management experience
- 3+ years healthcare industry experience
- Prior experience with healthcare integrations, including HL7 messaging standards
- Prior experience with sFTP protocols and standard
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, interpersonal – and strong ability to communicate with key stakeholders across multiple levels of an organization who have varying degrees of technical aptitude
- Outstanding interpersonal, critical thinking, and analytical skills along with a proactive, problem-solving attitude.
- Passion for using technology to transform healthcare access and delivery in underserved communities.
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and excellent follow-through
- Competitive salary
- Affordable health, dental and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Option to contribute to a Flexible Spending Account
- Paid life, short term and long term disability insurance
- 13 wellness days to be used for anything that comes up in life or self-care
- 15 days of PTO per year and 1-month paid sabbatical on the 4th year
- 13 paid company holidays, including a winter break
- Sponsored annual membership to One Medical
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development Budget
We are committed to equal opportunity and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, etc.
CareMessage is a high-growth startup using our mobile SaaS platform to improve the health and wellness of millions of underserved patients.
When you think about big opportunities in healthcare IT, few people will argue that chronic disease prevention and management are ripe for disruption and a massive opportunity. The number of affected lives is mind-numbingly large, and the dollars are too.
This is particularly true for patients that are low income and underserved. In fact, being low income is a significant predictor of low health literacy and poor self-management skills, with patients below the poverty level constituting 43% of the health illiterate and a majority of the poorly managed.
With the implementation of the state and federal exchanges and an influx of individuals through the expansion of Medicaid into the health care ecosystem, payers and providers are struggling to serve this increase in low to modest income population with limited resources. This necessitates innovative approaches to facilitate health care delivery and promote self-management in light of increasing demand for healthcare services.
In order to succeed in solving this massive problem, you have to be highly innovative, highly available, and uniquely tailored to the key use cases of the complex healthcare industry. It takes years of intense focus, strong financial backing, and a great product in order to deliver a winning solution. We believe CareMessage (www.caremessage.org) has done all of these things and is positioned to be a breakout company in this exciting category.
CareMessage is a unique, fast growth (1,000%+ CAGR) SaaS not-for-profit health technology company dedicated to improving healthcare outcomes for underserved patient populations in the United States (and some day, globally). CareMessage’s technology acts as a bridge between the patient/caregiver and the healthcare organization, typically a hospital, clinic or health plan. For the healthcare organization, CareMessage’s cloud-based dashboard enables staff members to automate various kinds of interventions for individual and groups of patients. The patient/caregiver receives targeted alerts, reminders and notifications through text and voice messaging.
Over the last year, the Company has been tripled in size, quadrupled its total customer base and achieved significant revenue growth (including partnering with some of the largest health systems and health plans in the country). This is exciting times at CareMessage as we embark on the journey to make a huge impact with unprecedented growth.