We’re obsessed with helping people see the world for far less money than they ever thought possible.
Our business model is simple: our team of flight experts search for incredible deals on international flights 24/7. When we find a cheap flight that passes our stringent quality standards (factors include ticket price, itinerary, airline reputation and extra fees and more), we email members with details and booking instructions.
Our vision is to be the first place people turn when planning or booking an international trip.
Over 1,500,000 members around the world!
Since opening our platform to the public in 2015, more than 1,500,000 people around the world have joined and saved over $100 million on international flights!
We work remotely.
We’re a 100% remote company, with team members distributed around the globe in over a dozen countries.
Please note: While this role is open to candidates located anywhere, we do require several hours a day of availability during Pacific Time for team collaboration. Additionally, this role is open only to candidates eligible to work in the United States.
Curious to learn more?
You can also listen to an in-depth podcast on Indie Hacker: Building a Million Dollar Mailing List with Scott of Scott’s Cheap Flights on how he grew the business.
As the Head of Customer Advocacy you will…
- Constantly provide useful and personalized feedback to the team members to ensure everyone is growing their skills with the needs of the company.
- Help the Advocacy Team understand the company-wide context in which it operates by connecting the team’s goals to the broader company goals.
- Forecast customer support needs and headcount to make sure the Advocacy Team is scaling in step with support volume.
- Develop training materials and onboarding processes for all team member levels within the Advocacy Team that can be expanded upon and re-used as the team grows.
- Foster a positive, supportive, and high integrity work environment for the global Advocacy Team.
- Track and measure the Advocacy Team’s impact on customer loyalty, satisfaction, retention and lifetime value.
- Utilize analytics tools to understand and provide recommendations to the leadership team around customer trends, behaviors, frustrations, and other insights that will help improve member satisfaction and key business metrics.
- Evaluate, test, and implement best-in-class and data-driven strategies, processes, and tools to improve the experience of a Scott’s Cheap Flights member and the experience of our internal team.
- Automate key processes to prevent the team from wasting effort and resources.
- Collaborate with our Product Team by creating pitches for new features and improvements for our customers and internal team.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Proven track record of leading and scaling a global B2C support team
- Experience selecting and implementing best-in-class support software and tools to the fullest of their abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical skillset to help optimize the experience for our members
- Empathy for our members and an ability to put yourself in our members’ shoes
- Strong passion and desire to build a world class support organization
- Ability to create and train others to create email response templates that solve problems, are on-brand, and educate members on our paid offerings
- Experience collaborating with other teams, specifically product teams, to improve the experience for members
- Experience owning various customer touch points including support inbox, social channels, and knowledge base
- Ability to gather and solicit feedback and make decisions.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, unafraid of change, and proactive
- Passion for travel
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Remote work experience
What we value:
- Be a team player
- Embrace change
- Advocate for members
- Communicate clearly
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and stake in the success of the company
- Unlimited PTO: We are a travel company, after all
- 401k with a company match
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: Top-tier health insurance plans for you and your dependents (for US-based employees)
- Paid family leave: 3 months of paid leave for you and your new family
- Equipment: We’ll make sure you have the office equipment and technology you need to succeed
- Fitness: Get reimbursed for gym memberships, fitness activities, and exercise media
- Continuing education: We will reimburse books, seminars, webinars, classes, workshops, or conferences that are of high educational value to your career
- Volunteer time off: One full day or two half-days per calendar year to volunteer for an organization or cause that you feel strongly about
- Meet up perk: If you are meeting up with a fellow Scott’s Cheap Flights team member each person gets reimbursed for food, drinks, or do something awesome
- On your birthday: take the day off!
We’re a 100% remote team:
- Our team is distributed around the globe and as a remote-only company we have all of the infrastructure in place to work well both synchronously and asynchronously including Slack, Zoom, Google Team Drive, Geekbot, etc.
- Since we don’t have any offices, nobody accidentally gets left out while the rest of the team huddles in a conference room or water cooler
Sound like an amazing fit?
We look forward to receiving your application. Be sure to include any information you think is relevant and why you’d be an excellent fit.