TED stages conferences and produces video media that it brings to millions around the world, through web media and other platforms. As a Front-End Engineer, you will be responsible for the public and user-facing experiences that power a lasting archive of ideas. You will work directly with experienced designers and product owners to take new features from conception to production.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Experienced with modern application development frameworks, build tooling, and video streaming technologies
- Familiarity with Unix command line
- Curious and knowledgeable about the leading edge web technologies and frameworks
- Works well in an iterative development process
- A self-starter who can manage one’s own time and project workload
- Ability to balance negotiations between doing it right and doing it fast
- Values cross-functional collaboration
- Values a diverse workplace
- Analyze user requirements and design solutions for new features
- Design tools and libraries that will be used by other front-end engineers and company-wide
- Manage and monitor front-end testing, performance, and code quality
- Influence and guide the direction of our products and front-end technology
- Experiment with new technologies and share discoveries with the team
- Foster growth and support other front-end engineers through constructive, collaborative code reviews
- Clearly communicate technical constraints and opportunities with stakeholders
- Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure the overall effectiveness of position
- Other duties and special projects as may be assigned from time to time
- General: Office environment or home office
- Physical: Repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Mental/Visual: Concentrated mental and/or visual attention; work involves performing tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, Computer Software, etc.:
- Ability to use common office equipment such as telephone, computer, and copier
- Computer programs to include MS Office, Mac programs, Google Docs, functional related databases
- Travel: Upon request / as needed
TED Conferences LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume.
TED is owned by a nonprofit, nonpartisan foundation. Our agenda is to make great ideas accessible and spark conversation. Everything we do — from our TED Talks videos to the projects sparked by the TED Prize, from the global TEDx community to the TED-Ed lesson series — is driven by this goal: How can we best spread great ideas?
TED is owned by the Sapling Foundation, a private nonprofit foundation (a 501(c)3 organization under US tax code). The foundation was established in 1996 by publishing entrepreneur Chris Anderson.
The goal of the Sapling Foundation is to foster the spread of great ideas. It aims to provide a platform for thinkers, visionaries and teachers, so that people around the globe can gain a better understanding of the biggest issues faced by the world, and feed a desire to help create a better future. Core to this goal is a belief that there is no greater force for changing the world than a powerful idea.
TED is a global community — and so is our staff. We're headquartered in New York and Vancouver, but the collaborative and global nature of our work means we have staffers, advisors and volunteers worldwide.