We are looking for talented writers who are ready to research and write 3 articles each day, five days a week, for our site. This is a great opportunity to write for a leading entertainment site, in the top 50 of all websites in the United States. Don’t take our word for it, check the Quantcast numbers: http://bit.ly/2jEjVqp.
Here are some examples of the type of writing we love that we’ve published recently:
Here are some examples of the Brands you might be writing for:
This is a paid, remote, cold assignment gig. You will be expected to write three lists every day, assigned to you by our editors. This is mandatory – this role is not meant for hobbyist writers looking for work they can do in their spare time; you must have the bandwidth to complete your lists every day, with 48 hours notice if you won’t be able to do so. Candidates will be compensated for their work on a per-article basis, based on the length of assignment and level of research required.
Here’s what you’ll need for us to trust you with tons of assignments:
- Advanced, thorough research skills.
- Writing chops that enable you to create an article about anything in a clear, informative, and fun style.
- Experience freelance writing for a major site similar in scope to Ranker.
- Proven ability to turn around high volume and meet deadlines (we will check references).
- Broad, comprehensive knowledge of pop culture, film, and TV, such that you can easily think of 15+ items for any list we assign you.
- No fear or squeamishness when it comes to bugs, biology, crime, and even creepy clowns.
- Excellent communication skills – experience with Slack or similar programs is a plus.
- Reliability – if we can’t count on you to do the work each day, you won’t succeed in this role.
If this sounds exciting, here’s what we need from you:
- Resume and completed application
- Cover letter giving color/examples of how you meet and exceed the qualifications listed above. And yes, we are looking at your cover letter to get an idea of your writing style, so smart, funny letters really stand out.
- Three writing samples (in the form of a list) that are relevant to this job description, written for and published by a site similar in scope to Ranker.
- Link to your online writing portfolio.
- List of topics you are interested in writing about: please be as broad as possible, as we’re always looking for writers that have really unique interests.
- Two references, preferably editors you have worked with in the past.
Ranker is a data-driven media company, the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsourced rankings of everything. The company’s technology is centered on user engagement, turning its lists into the “best possible rankings” via the wisdom of crowds. A Quantcast Top 50 site, Ranker attracts more than 30 million monthly unique visitors, and outperforms almost every other publisher in time-on-site per visit. As a result, Ranker is a treasure-trove of consumer sentiment data with more than 250 million votes gathered to date on over 100,000 unique items, generating a deep and precise interest graph which the company is launching as a B2B tool in 2016 to augment the existing ad-based business. Ranker is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Ranker will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.