Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information site on the planet, and the 2nd largest health site in the US. Every month, over 80 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide, and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world. (Ask us about our vision, seriously we’re not just another “healthcare website”)
About the Team
You’ll be working with members of our editorial team and our social team who are focused on wellness content and lifestyle content around specific conditions. You’ll partner with us to create social assets — including videos — that promote articles and campaigns covering a range of topics, including nutrition, fitness, alternative remedies, stress management, skin care, sexual health, body positivity, anti-aging, and relationships.
About the Role
This could turn into a full time position but, for now, you’d work as a remote freelancer concepting and writing — primarily — for two projects:
- The first is creating social media video scripts based on existing Healthline wellness articles. We’re looking to increase reach and engagement on Facebook and Instagram so you’ll need to have a great sense for how to tell a great story in under a minute on those platforms. Videos will be about nutrition, skin care, mindfulness, and other topics related to women’s wellbeing. You’ll work closely with a designer and video editor to efficiently produce distinctive, great-looking, extremely engaging little videos. Fun!
- The second project is contributing to a social-first campaign focused on self-care for millennial women. You’ll be writing captivating posts that compel women to engage with our content. You’ll write posts highlighting our contributing influencers, short videos repurposed from articles, and other elements needed to add dimension and personality to this campaign. Very fun!
What You’ll Do and How You’ll Make an Impact
- In short, you’ll be working with us to fulfill our vision for a stronger, healthier world. You’ll work remotely creating sparkling, on-brand copy that builds the Healthline brand and encourages women in their pursuit of health and wellbeing. You’ll submit all drafts and revisions on time and be available to work with the team through zoom videoconferences or calls.
We Are Excited About You Because:
- You’ve created and written lots of engaging content. Whether you call it editorial or copy, your portfolio has plenty of relevant examples, including video.
- You’re excited about writing social content about everything from sexual health to meditation.
- You’re willing to re-write something until that something sings.
- You take great pride in your words but you’re a joy to work with.
- You can process assignments and work independently yet you’re highly collaborative.
- You know that words are only half the story. You have a strong sense for how to take things over the top with imagery whether that’s a gif, a still, a video clip or an illustration created by our in-house editorial design team.
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates your strategic sense, your love of story, and your skill at making a point and compelling your reader to take action.
- You’ve got an online portfolio that demonstrates your work on social-first campaigns.
Why You’ll Love Working at Healthline
- We’re the fastest growing health information site on the planet, and the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore)! Over 85 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide, and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families.
- We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
- We work together to achieve our mission with humility and genuine respect for each member of our team.
- We are smart, innovative, and inspiring changemakers.
- Transparency and honesty earn us the trust of each other and our users.
- We feel with our users and are committed to being their true ally in their lifelong pursuit of health and well-being.
- We’re all in for having fun, living well, and promoting good health. We’re proving that you can work hard and be happy.
- We’ve got cozy canine companions in the office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.