BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. BuzzFeed covers breaking news, produces original video, and creates content that people want to share on the web. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more.
- Our global, cross-platform network includes our site and mobile apps, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, and many other digital platforms.
- We strive to connect deeply with our audience, and give them news and entertainment worth sharing with their friends, family, and the people who matter in their lives.
- We have the innovation obsessed culture and structure of a venture-backed tech company with an engineering team focused on building the media platform for today’s world, and the future.
- We operate a global news organization headquartered in New York and an entertainment studio based in Los Angeles, and have offices in cities around the world including London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Mumbai, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, Mexico City and Toronto.
- Our news and entertainment divisions serve a next generation, highly engaged audience that consumes video and content across platforms, on mobile, and has an expectation that media will be relevant and connected to their lives, easily shareable, and globally accessible.
- Our greatest hits connect with people on a massive scale, and play a significant role in connecting people to each other. We are best known for exploding watermelons, The Dress, Tasty, award-winning news investigations, quizzes, and
BuzzFeed is looking for freelance Editorial Contributors to develop written posts based on trending stories. This is a remote role, working on a per-project basis, and will report to our Editorial Project Manager.
- Adapt the BuzzFeed tone of voice to develop written posts based on trending stories circulating around the web
- Meet quick turnaround times (within a day)
- Contribute an average of 7-10 posts per week
- 2+ years of experience creating SEO-friendly content for a digital publisher
- Experience creating shareable content for social platforms, preferably developing content in lifestyle categories (health & wellness, celebrity, beauty, pop culture, travel, etc.)
- Strongcomfort level in working remotely
- Have a “Let’s get this done!” positive attitudealong with a conscientious work ethic
To apply, please submit 2-3 samples of relevant content as links in your cover letter, or a link to your portfolio. Applications without relevant samples will not be considered.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, and humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world. BuzzFeed valued diversity and inclusion, and is an equal opportunity employer.