Upwork is looking for a Fraud Prevention Specialist. You will play a key role in identifying fraudulent transaction activity by reviewing and detecting irregular activity. The Fraud Specialist will utilize tools and reports to maintain the safety and security of our company. This position requires 2 professional references and will require a background check on hire. Training will be provided.
What you will do:
* Review flagged transactions generated by our fraud detection systems and determine risk and status of users.
* Represent the department professionally in talking to internal and external customers in an inbound/outbound call center.
* Analyze transaction patterns and respond quickly to high-risk situations.
* Identify changing fraud trends, document and report to appropriate department personnel in a timely manner to assist in the reduction of fraud loss.
* Verify account activity and take appropriate action to minimize potential fraud loss and customer inconvenience as well as controlling and managing calls.
* Maintain daily and monthly performance standards, including those pertaining to quality and quantity.
* Document fraudulent activity; work with trend analysts to support tracking and reporting efforts
* Partner with other functional areas of the Fraud Prevention department,
* Escalate issues to management and other functional areas as necessary regarding unusual activity, abnormal transactions, and customer care issues. Make recommendations for system and processes to increase efficiency and enhance customer service.
Honesty, dependability and a good attitude are a must.
What you need to be successful:
* Minimum of one-year experience in fraud investigation or customer service environment preferred
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills are required
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office required
40 hours to start per week, with possibility for more hours in the future. Business hours will be based on Pacific Standard Time, US. Must be willing to work during weekends.
- Work from home/telecommute/remote position
- Work for the world’s largest marketplace for clients and freelancers to collaborate