Float is the world’s leading resource planner, helping teams at brands such as Airbnb, Buzzfeed and Ogilvy better plan and manage their time. Founded in 2011, Float is proudly self-funded, profitable and 100% remote. Our growing team of twenty-two are made up of Engineers, Product Designers, Marketing and Customer Success folks in more than eight countries.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Growth Marketer. Your role will be to analyse the data, build the systems and reporting mechanisms, and run the experiments that will accelerate our new customer growth into the future.
We have a solid foundation already in place, with product market fit, and a steady stream of new leads from proven SEM and partner channels. We lead SEO in many of our industry keywords. Your job will be to take this knowledge, and using the data, develop new and targeted strategies to grow the overall volume of teams trialing Float.
This role will partner with our Marketing Lead and report to our CEO. You’ll have the support of our Product Designer and content writers. With an uncapped market opportunity ahead of us, this role can have an outsized impact on our business into the future.
Activities you’ll lead include:
- Segmentation: Analysis of user data to determine targeting opportunities across roles, industries and geographies
- SEO strategy: Tracking, analyzing and reporting on our SEO performance, and executing a targeted strategy to increase leads from organic search
- Backlink referral strategies: In-depth analysis of backlink opportunities, and executing programs to increase referrals and lift our domain authority
- Landing page development: Creation, testing and optimisation of landing page strategies
- Onboarding funnel: Studying user behavior from website to trial to conversion and recommending product updates to optimize onboarding performance and conversion
- New acquisition channels: Identify new channel opportunities for acquisition and execute a framework to test, measure, and scale
This role isn’t about devising Facebook campaigns, or following a traditional media playbook. You’ll take a first-principles approach to understanding the opportunities and executing on the strategies to deliver results.
- We’re looking for someone with experience in developing and executing growth strategies for products at scale.
- You have a very strong understanding of SaaS success metrics, and the analytics toolkit. For us, this currently includes Amplitude, Google Analytics and Chartmogul.
- You know the strategies and systems that are effective with sufficient data and scale, and you’re excited by the opportunity to put this into practice.
- We’re not looking for early-stage startup experience. Perhaps you’re currently at an established SaaS and are looking for an opportunity to carve your own path, and have a greater impact on a growing team and an industry-leading product.
- As our first Growth Marketer, you’re the type of person that thrives given a goal, ownership and autonomy. You possess excellent writing skills and are comfortable communicating your ideas in a predominantly asynchronous environment.
The salary range for this role is US $90k – $115K. Compensation is benchmarked using 50th percentile San Francisco market salaries, with a cost-of-living index applied to your location. We assess your level during the interview process. If you are outside the US, you’ll be hired as a Contractor.
We have a range of expanding and improving perks including:
- Home office expense budget: We help you kickstart or upgrade your home office setup.
- Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you’d like to work out of home.
- Annual team meetup: We get together as a full team every year, the last two were in Athens and Lisbon. We will continue this tradition when the time is right.
- Care for your community. Two days a year for you to support with your time, or donate with your wage, for a local charity of your choosing.
- Team liquidity pool: Rewarding our team if there’s ever an exit
If you’re in the US, we pay 50% of your medical, dental & vision coverage, including partners and children.
We encourage people of different locations, backgrounds and perspectives. Due to the specific requirements of the role, we’re looking for someone with at least two hours cross-over with Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
About the Process
The application process will be open until filled. We will be in touch with eligible candidates ongoing with a goal to secure a start-date to kick off January 2021. For more information on our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team, visit our Float careers page.
For the best advice on submitting a successful application, check out our CEO’s post on top tips for applying for a role at Float.
We appreciate the time and energy that goes into crafting a job application, unfortunately, we are unable to provide individual feedback during the application stage due to the volume of applications we receive.