Float is the world’s leading resource planner, helping teams at brands such as Airbnb, Buzzfeed and Ogilvy better plan and manage their time. Founded in 2011, Float is proudly self-funded, profitable and 100% remote. Our growing team of twenty-four are made up of Engineers, Product Managers, Marketing and Customer Success folks in more than eight countries.
About the Role
This is a hands-on role, you’ll lead by example, setting the bar for quality, and use both code reviews and peer reviews as an opportunity to help drive improvement across the organization. There are growth opportunities along both Principal and Manager paths.
You should be familiar with modern microservice development and its associated benefits (and challenges) in creating stable, performant, rapidly deployable services.
We’re looking for an experienced senior-level developer who is passionate about developing applications that communicate through elegantly designed, well-defined systems. You’re a great communicator, naturally curious and comfortable diving in and helping out without ego. You recognize the importance of just-enough documentation, in a growing team. You have strong experience in a collaborative environment working with web applications, preferably B2B SaaS apps. You consider yourself highly proficient in:
- Architecting and implementing interactive features (e.g. drag + drop, resizing) in React on both DOM and SVG elements
- Modern ECMAScript Standards
- HTML5 and CSS
- Front-end build and test tools (npm, yarn, webpack, babel, jest, puppeteer)
- Source control workflow, Git/GitFlow
- Optimizing client and browser performance (profiling and tweaking rendering and data pipelines)
- MySQL relational database including optimizing SQL queries for web applications
- Developing integrations with third-party APIs
You should have some experience ideally with:
- Microservice-based architecture in production
- Software containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and serverless computing
- Experience with CircleCI, Jenkins and/or similar CI/CD applications
The salary range for this role is US $120-$145K.
We have a range of expanding and improving benefits and perks including:
- Home office expense budget: We help you kickstart or upgrade your home office setup.
- Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you’d like to work out of home.
- Annual team meetup: We get together as a full team every year, the last two were in Athens and Lisbon. We will continue this tradition when the time is right.
- Care for your community. Two days a year for you to support with your time, or donate with your wage, for a local charity of your choosing.
- Team liquidity pool: Rewarding our team if there’s ever an exit
If you’re in the US, we pay 50% of your medical, dental & vision coverage, including partners and children.
We encourage people of different locations, backgrounds and perspectives. We are a US-based company, if you are outside the US, you’ll be hired as a contractor.
About the Process
The post will be open until filled. For more information on our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team, visit our Float careers page.
For the best advice on submitting a successful application, check out our CEO’s post on top tips for applying for a role at Float.
We appreciate the time and energy that goes into crafting a job application, unfortunately, we are unable to provide individual feedback during the application stage due to the volume of applications we receive.