Experience: 5 years+
Compensation: As per industry standards
What will you be doing? As a Software Engineer III (Senior), you will join our highly skilled Engineering team, working on our FINEOS New Business and Underwriting solution. As a part of the team, you will develop new product features, influence architectural decisions, innovate and propose improvements while also mentoring more junior software developers. All of our Software Engineers work closely and collaborate with other developers, testers, and other cross functional team members, adhering to our standards and processes. We follow the principles of Agile Scrum methodology and the role would be assigned to one of several Scrum teams supporting the FINEOS New Business and Underwriting solution.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a software engineering role with exposure to the full SDLC, preferably on enterprise scale systems
- Strong development skills and competencies including:
- UX: AngularJS, Angular, React
- Databases: Postgres, Oracle
- Development & CI/CD: Git, NPM, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Experience with SQL, and data model design, with exposure to working on different relational databases such as Postgres and Oracle
- Proven excellent technical problem-solving capabilities
- Experience with software engineering practices such as Object Oriented programming and application of design patterns.
- Committed to creating readable, reliable and maintainable code and come up to speed quickly on new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Fluency in verbal and written English essential
- Experience working within an Agile environment highly desirable.
- IT background in the insurance sector would be an advantage
- Multi-platform skills (Linux/Unix/Windows) would be an advantage
- Experience/exposure to AWS or other Cloud technologies desirable