The Revenue team is the driving force of Weedmaps and we are looking to add a Field Sales Associate to build face-to-face relationships with our customers and drive their usage of Weedmaps products. The Field Sales Associate will visit customers in specified markets to provide education and support, and will partner closely with our Scaled Sales team to close and book sales. The right person will have a strong knowledge of digital marketing, comfort with the cannabis industry, and strong communication and relationship building skills to interact with a variety of customer stakeholders.
- Educate customer stakeholders on Weedmaps products
- Upsell decision makers on new products through consultation on Weedmaps presence
- Provide in-person training to listing manager about product functionality and best practices
- Work closely with customers on installation / implementation of Weedmaps products
- Drive in-store activation of Weedmaps brand
- BA / BS degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in B2B sales (preferably in field) or other B2B field activity (experience in retail or wholesale cannabis businesses a plus)
- Familiarity with digital advertising and SaaS product models
- Track record of successfully delivering against revenue or other quantitative goals
- Strong and dynamic communication skills with the ability to influence decisions makers
- Able to build trusted relationships with individuals in different roles and from different backgrounds
- Strong sense of urgency to achieve individual goals and contribute to overall team success
- Able to work independently with limited day-to-day management
- Access to reliable ground transportation to travel to customer locations in assigned region
- Driving is a required part of this role, and employees must:
- Use the employee’s own vehicle
- Maintain minimum vehicle liability insurance as dictated by company policy
- Have a clean driving record within the past 7 years
- Experience in retail or wholesale cannabis businesses
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Established in 2008, Weedmaps is the leading technology and SaaS company focusing on solutions for the cannabis sector. Our mission is to drive the advancement of cannabis legalization and provide the software, services and data platforms that underpin the B2B and B2C segments. Our current software offerings include point-of-sale, wholesale and consumer marketplaces, branded product verification, orders management, fleet logistics, and compliance reporting. Weedmaps strives to provide consumers a single source of accurate and reliable information on products, retailers, care providers, strains and trends. Headquartered in Irvine, CA, with additional locations across the United States, Canada and the EU, Weedmaps has over 400 employees and is expanding rapidly.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!