We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Engineer with experience building internal and external self-serve products to help us ensure that the next generations of fintechs are built on Plaid. We are looking for engineers who understand what it means to discover and build scalable products that help our customers solve their business use cases. This means being able to work across the entire stack when needed, working with partners and setting the long-term technical direction for new products.
Our engineering culture is IC-driven—we favor bottom-up ideation and empowerment of our team. As a result we are looking for engineers who are excited by leading projects through setting technical direction and mentoring those around them. We are looking for engineers who are motivated by creating impact for our consumers and customers, growing together as a team, shipping the MVP, and leaving things better than we found them. Apply if you care about building products from scratch, helping internal and external customers scale their business, designing full-stack systems, scalability, performance, and directly working with your partners.
We’re guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, and inventing tomorrow; we’re looking for people motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Building products with impact: your work will touch tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and major financial institutions
- Product mindset. You understand that building the right tools and systems can impact millions of users.
- Most of our engineers work across the entire stack, touching everything from the front end to our core infrastructure.
- You are able to work across the entire stack when needed, collaborate with Product & Design to set the long-term technical direction for new & existing products.
What excites us
- A strong sense of ownership
- 5 – 7 / 7 – 11+ of experience building products (we are hiring for two levels, both Senior)
- Someone who actively considers the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection.
- Experience with (and passion for) APIs, scalability, and performance
- Experience using data to do analysis and build products
- Working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems
- A record of mentoring experienced engineers around you and helping them grow.
- Experience with full-stack development, including building server-side components (Python, Go, PHP, or Java)
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.