[As of June 2020, Quora has become a “remote-first” company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people’s heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, and we’re building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Our small engineering team works on challenging problems every day. We have a culture that’s rooted in constantly learning and improving, and our engineers are encouraged to think big and experiment with new ideas. We iterate quickly by using continuous deployment, which means that every commit goes live on our production servers within minutes, no matter what time it is. Our engineers focus on creating polished products and writing high quality code by designing APIs and abstractions that are extensible and maintainable. Everyone on the engineering team has a huge impact on our product and our company.
The Product Engineering teams focus on growth, engagement, activation and monetization. To foster this marketplace of knowledge, we need to build systems that make sharing knowledge rewarding and discovering it easy. This work includes how we distribute content to the right people, how we curate content on Quora, how we engage new users, writers, and readers and how we monetize the product.
About the Role:
Since we first launched our advertising platform, we’ve already grown to support thousands of advertisers who are reaching over 300 million monthly unique visitors on Quora. We have continued to build new products from the ground up and tackle exciting challenges at scale around audience targeting, low-latency real time ad delivery and a suite of advertiser tools to create and optimize campaigns, to name just a few. We’re now getting started to expand our monetization efforts beyond Ads.
As a manager on the Monetization team, you’ll lead and grow a team that is focused on generating revenue for the success of the company and mission to share and grow the world’s knowledge. To fully achieve this, we need to make sure that the knowledge on Quora will improve and last forever. Revenue from our monetization efforts plays a critical role in empowering us to do that. You’ll work closely with other product development leaders to plan, prioritize, and deliver scalable, reliable products that delight our users, advertisers and businesses on Quora.
- Lead and grow a team of full-stack and backend software engineers to deliver high-impact projects within Ads, business products and subscriptions.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, Data Science, Sales, and Marketing to shape the team roadmap and ensure successful execution towards our strategy.
- Work with the Engineering management team to develop new initiatives and improve existing processes across the entire Engineering team.
- Work with Recruiting to grow the team, including sourcing, interviewing, branding, and onboarding.
- 5+ years of industry experience architecting, building, and scaling user-facing products
- 2+ years of industry experience in online advertising, subscriptions or related areas in monetization & marketing
- 2+ years of direct management experience in a technology company
- Strong understanding of either distributed systems and scalability, or of the web applications stack
- Passion for Quora’s mission and goals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.