One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member’s pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply – we would love to hear from you!
Work From Anywhere
Hinge Health Employees have the flexibility to work anywhere, within the country they are hired.
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll support a team of 5 to 7 engineers to design, build, ship, and iterate on features that literally address end user pain points. You’ll partner with brilliant design and product leads to steer your cross-functional, full-stack product team toward meaningful outcomes that you define. Along the way, you’ll coach and accelerate individual growth, and guide your team toward the right metrics and feedback loops to empower its continuous improvement. Your strong technical background will inform your intuitions and Socratic questions throughout the Agile workflow, but you will rarely (if ever) contribute code directly to your team’s projects.
Your reports will be primarily working with React/React Native, Typescript, Redux, GraphQL, Node, and Rails.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Coach and mentor engineers through day-to-day challenges and guide them towards long term professional and technical growth
- Lead your team in consistently delivering on a roadmap they collaboratively define
- Motivate engineers and ensure high performance through constant feedback and identifying areas of improvementDevelop robust, effective plans addressing various technical and resource challenges within the organization
- Lead organizational initiatives on improving workflow processes and resolving them with practical, lightweight, measurable process
- Scale the team with a strong focus on experience, technical proficiency, and diversity
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Leadership: Track record of ownership for team-scale execution and technical excellence. Experience managing 5+ direct reports at a given time.
- Delivery: Strong project management skills to ensure the whole team is on track throughout the sprint and can sustainably deliver high quality work.
- Domain Expertise: In depth experience building software applications and the ability to propose several routes to accomplish business goals. Bonus for strong frontend and mobile experience
- Problem Solving: Ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts, and find creative resourcing solutions where others would see zero-sum tradeoffs
- Communication: Clear, inclusive communication with both teammates and non-technical partners
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits:On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live
- Modern life stipends:Manage your own learning and development budget and use the mental health and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, workout classes, gym subscriptions, and work-from-home equipment
- Flexible vacation and paid time off:Full-time employees have full flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you’re interested – we’d love to hear from you.