We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The Investments & Liabilities team is working to empower financial management, robo advising and lending use cases for Plaid customers by rationalizing investments and loans made across millions of accounts through a large universe of financial securities, currencies, and loan providers. We are a highly collaborative, remote-first team whose work spans a variety of technologies, services and product areas at Plaid.
You will lead the Investments and Liabilities team, working with your cross-functional counterparts to define a long-term roadmap for our investments and liabilities product offerings and driving the execution of that roadmap. You will support a strong team of experienced backend engineers, and you will help hire and grow that team to tackle new product initiatives.
What Excites You
- Developing an API platform that is used by thousands of businesses to enable the democratization of finance
- Connecting product and business opportunities to technical execution
- Growing product usage by understanding and solving customer and end-user problems
- Building a great team culture and instilling the team with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
What Excites Us
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, with 4+ years as a software engineer.
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field
- Experience building API products
- Experience owning a production product and working with a product manager and/or business partners to drive business impact
- A problem-solving mindset and a willingness to step outside your lane when needed
- Nice to have: Experience in the investments or lending space
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.