GitHub is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead the GitHub Apps team at GitHub. Our GitHub Apps team is responsible for the full stack development of the APIs and tooling for how integrators build their businesses on GitHub, and how our customers manage add-ons for their organizations. Apps is a core building block of our platform and crucial to GitHub’s future growth. We believe our customers deserve the best software development workflow regardless of what tool they use and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a strong people manager. Someone who does not code day-to-day, but has good hands on engineering experience previously. You don’t necessarily need deep skills in these types of tasks, but you are someone who is knowledgeable enough that you could provide appropriate guidance, feedback, and advice in order to support your team.
Together we will create products that are integral to how people build software. We pride ourselves on being thoughtful, intentional and getting things done. We hope you do too.
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging
- Meet with team members 1-1 on a regular basis
- Ensure that individuals on the team are learning, growing and advancing in their respective careers
- Ensure the team builds software that is architecturally consistent and of high quality
- Ensure the team ships products, features and bug fixes regularly
- Ensure the team, the company and the community have a clear understanding of the direction of the projects and the reasoning behind decisions
- 2+ years experience with managing engineering teams
- 2+ years of prior experience writing production code
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Have worked with a distributed team
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.