Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
We’re growing fast here at Auth0 and are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to build our Internal Services team in the Platform Engineering group. The Platform Group enables Auth0 engineers to quickly and iteratively deliver new delightful customer experiences by providing reusable, simple, reliable, secure and highly scalable infrastructure, services, tools and libraries that they can build on top of. Specifically, the Internal Services team maintains services that are consumed by many other engineering teams such as: rate limiting, feature flagging and email delivery among others. These foundational services need to be extremely reliable and fast while supporting thousands of client requests per second.
We are open about technology choices and like to contribute to OSS projects. Our current stack focuses on Node.js, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, and React, but we believe in picking the right tools for the job.
What will you be doing?
- Working with other Engineering teams to understand how they are using the services supported by the team and their future needs.
- Developing a great understanding and context about how Auth0 works and gaining experience building reliable, highly available systems.
- Crafting and implementing features and bug fixes for the services the team owns.
- Providing context so team members can perform specific tasks.
- Helping people on the team grow professionally.
- Hiring great coworkers to join the team.
Might be a good fit if you:
- Have experience leading a technical team and are good at coaching teammates in all phases of their career.
- Know when to let the team figure things out on their own while also having the necessary context and skills to help them out and be hands on.
- Know how to focus teams to achieve their goals
- Have a technical background and can help a team evaluate trade-offs during development.
- Enjoy working in an iterative development environment.
- Can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context.
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results.
- Like to lead by example
- Are a great communicator.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with js.
- Experience building highly reliable, scalable systems.
- Experience building services to be consumed by other developers.
- We do not expect you to be an expert in all of the above, only that you can learn the less familiar fast.
- GMT-8; GMT-7; GMT-6; GMT-5; GMT-4; GMT-3
You can learn more about our hiring process here.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.