To Apply: Mail resume: ATTN: HR Department The Sapling Foundation dba TED 330 Hudson Street, 11th Fl NYC, NY 10013 Ref-HB
- Manage a global network of volunteer translators in different countries translating TED content into foreign languages;
- Oversee day-to-day operations and communications operations;
- Form and oversee tactical teams in key language to support TED translation needs;
- Develop recruitment strategies in key regions to build robust language communities;
- Develop global partnership and fundraising opportunities for TED and the translation program with global brand and organizations;
- Research, develop, and manage website materials and related content to help promote the TED Translators program effectively in key hubs across Europe and the world;
- Collaborate with TED teams to organize workshops and meetups to further develop and strengthen local language communities;
- Manage outreach to universities and organize promotional events to help raise international awareness and interest in TED’s translation program;
- Advise TED on distribution and licensing opportunities to distribute TED content through global media partners;
- Work with departments across the organization to help grow TED’s international audiences.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or closely related degree or foreign equivalent
TED is owned by a nonprofit, nonpartisan foundation. Our agenda is to make great ideas accessible and spark conversation. Everything we do — from our TED Talks videos to the projects sparked by the TED Prize, from the global TEDx community to the TED-Ed lesson series — is driven by this goal: How can we best spread great ideas?
TED is owned by the Sapling Foundation, a private nonprofit foundation (a 501(c)3 organization under US tax code). The foundation was established in 1996 by publishing entrepreneur Chris Anderson.
The goal of the Sapling Foundation is to foster the spread of great ideas. It aims to provide a platform for thinkers, visionaries and teachers, so that people around the globe can gain a better understanding of the biggest issues faced by the world, and feed a desire to help create a better future. Core to this goal is a belief that there is no greater force for changing the world than a powerful idea.
TED is a global community — and so is our staff. We're headquartered in New York and Vancouver, but the collaborative and global nature of our work means we have staffers, advisors and volunteers worldwide.