At Close, we’re building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we’re leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals(faster). Since our founding in 2013, we’ve grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~33 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
Our backend tech stack currently consists of Python Flask/Gunicorn web apps with our TaskTiger scheduler handling many of the backend asynchronous processing tasks. Our data stores include MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Redis. Our infrastructure runs on AWS using a combination of managed services like RDS and ElastiCache as well as EC2 instances managed by Puppet, Ansible, and Terraform. Today we manage hundreds of EC2 instances and thousands of Docker containers on our Kubernetes clusters.
We’re looking for a full-time Site Reliability Engineer to join our core team who has significant experience building, managing, and monitoring infrastructure and backend services at scale.
Come help us with projects like…
- Building out our Kubernetes infrastructure to include additional services, increased redundancy/scalability, and harnessing new k8s features
- Scale our Elasticsearch and MongoDB clusters to support our data growth
- Tune our MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Improve our public API’s performance and resiliency
- Tighten security across our infrastructure
- Implement autoscaling techniques that balance performance, workload demands and costs
- Improve our CI/CD process making builds/deployments faster and safer
- Further develop our Prometheus/Grafana monitoring infrastructure
- Enhance our Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana(ELK) logging stack
Bonus: Are you a MongoDB expert? Please let us know! ?
- Be able to work in a continental European timezone (strongly preferred)
- Have real world experience building scalable systems, working with large data sets, and troubleshooting various back-end challenges under pressure
- Have significant experience with *nix, Python, bash, Terraform, Ansible, or similar backend systems and frameworks
- Experience working with large databases running on MySQL, PostgreSQL, and/or MongoDB
- Have experience configuring monitoring, logging, and other tools to provide visibility and actionable alerts
- Enjoy automating processes using Python, bash, Terraform, Ansible, or other scripting languages
- Have experience with Docker containers and microservices
- Understand the full web stack, networking, and low level Unix computing
- Always be thinking of ways to improve reliability, performance, and scalability of the infrastructure
- Be self-motivated and comfortable with responsibility
- Have participated in and be comfortable with being part of an on-call rotation.(1 out of every 6 weeks)
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive salary
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
- $200/month co-working stipend
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- Our story and team?
- Glassdoor Reviews
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization – we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 13 countries and 15 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one – we’ve recently launched 9 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.