Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We reach millions of learners every month and are growing rapidly.
We can achieve much more in partnership with others than we can on our own, but we need to be thoughtful about which opportunities to pursue. As Director of Business Development, you’ll help us grow our impact by identifying and securing strategic partnerships that further our mission by driving usage and revenue (while keeping Khan Academy free to learners, teachers, and parents).
- Develop and execute Khan Academy’s overall business development roadmap
- Source and close deals for current priority areas, including test prep (building on our success with SAT and LSAT) and learning management systems
- Identify and pursue new opportunities to advance our strategy by driving usage and revenue through partnerships
- Collaborate with the product team to develop products that drive usage and revenue through partners
- Ensure successful execution of current strategic partnerships, e.g., with College Board, Bank of America, etc.
- Proven track record of 10+ years in a business development or sales role, ideally in tech
- A passion for Khan Academy’s mission of a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere and a desire to use business development to keep KA free to learners
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- Impeccable writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to inspire, motivate, influence, and build trusting relationships with others
- Fluency with Google docs and spreadsheets, able to run basic analyses like pivot tables in Excel
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we’re about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- 401(k) + 4% matching
- Comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
- The opportunity to work on high-impact content that’s already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a non‐profit with a mission of providing a free world‐class education for anyone, anywhere. Our free online educational resources include practice problems, instructional lessons, and learning tools to support personalized education for users of all ages.
It doesn't matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology. Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
We believe a few great people can make a big difference. If you're one of 'em, check out the opportunities we have available across the team, and apply below. Join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.